Extensive range of driver assist systems

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Everyday driving in the compact electric SUVs is facilitated, and delivered as economically as possible, by a number of standard assistance systems. These include predictive efficiency assist, which supports a forward-looking driving style that optimises the consumption of energy, Audi Pre-sense front with pedestrian and cyclist detection, lane departure warning and swerve and turn assist. Further optional systems – like many other equipment features – are divided into packages. Highlights of the Assistance Package Pro include adaptive cruise assist, which assists the driver with longitudinal and lateral guidance over the entire speed range, and a four-camera system providing 360° visibility that makes lighter work of city driving and parking. The Safety Package Plus adds features such as Audi Side Assiast blindspot monitoring and the rear cross traffic assist reversing aid. Both packages are standard features of Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron Vorsprung models.

Audi Q4 Etron (86).jpg

Sanj

Post by Sanj »

Hi, I’ve seen nothing on the Configurator mentioning 360 camera or such. Seems strange for so many options (vorsprung model) but no park assist either?? Dealer also seems baffled that it’s missing.
Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

No reversing camera on the Audi Q4 Launch Edition. I reversed close to a bollard and felt what I thought was contact with the bollard but upon inspection there was no damage. Is there a safety braking system in the car?
Deleted User 197

Post by Deleted User 197 »

I think the parking System Plus allows for parallel parking? The blurb says:

"Parking system plus
Using data captured by the ultrasonic sensors integrated into the bumpers, the front and rear acoustic and visual parking system assists the driver with entering and exiting parking spaces and with manoeuvring. Based on the steering angle and direction of travel, the distance to detected objects is shown in a selective, optical display on the MMI screen. Obstacles detected outside the driving path are shown as a white segment. Red segments represent obstacles in the driving path. A virtual driving path display additionally provides guidelines at the sides, which are calculated in advance based on the current steering angle. Activated by selecting reverse gear, via a button on the centre console or automatically as soon as the distance to a detected object is less than approximately 90 cm. Automatic activation can be enabled and disabled."

Can anyone with this feature confirm or reject?
ICDP_EV

Post by ICDP_EV »

https://fleetworld.co.uk/audi-q4-e-tron ... confirmed/

"Drivers can also specify the Assistance Package Pro, which includes adaptive cruise assist and a four-camera system providing 360-degree visibility. The Safety Package Plus adds features such as Audi Side Assist blind spot monitoring and the rear cross traffic assist reversing aid. These packages come as standard on Vorsprung models."

360 camera and other driver assist systems come with the Assitance Package Pro option and in Vorsprung as standard.

If you only want the reverse camera then specify the C+S pack when configuring your Q4. You absolutely will require this especially in the Sportback version as there is no rear wiper and the rear windows is partially obscured by the rear wing. It is most odd that a £41k + car does not have a reverse camera as standard.
Deleted User 197

I'm not convinced there are 360 camera(s) in the Vorsprung.

If you configure one on the Audi site you are given "Assistance Package Advanced" which as far as I can see doesn't mention surround cameras.

There is no mention of Assistance Package Pro on their configuration site.
Montyw

Post by Montyw »

https://www.audi-mediacenter.com/en/ele ... tems-13905

It does say "four surround-view cameras"

"Audi offers the surround view cameras – they provide detailed pictures of the immediate surroundings from different perspectives."

I hope this is correct?

However the illustrated photo does appear to shows a heated steering wheel which does not show on the options list?
Montyw

Post by Montyw »

There are also some pictures / videos that show the camera in the front grill below the four rings and also a camera fitted to the underside of the door mirror, this is the same placing as the current Q3, cars without the camera have a dull black button fitted instead

Have attached a couple of pictures but don't know what i'm doing so hopefully they will appear correctly?

Grill Cam.png

Mirror Cam.png

Deleted User 197

Thanks Montyw, for all that information. Of course I really hope you are right. It just seemed strange on the configuration pages that it wasn’t obviously mentioned. I will double check with dealer for confirmation and report back.
Deleted User 197

Update. I've had it confirmed by my dealer and a phone call to AudiUK that there is no surround camera in the UK spec.
:( :shock: :roll: