Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Tony

Post by Tony »

Exactly this, I've learned the hard way to never trust Audi on anything. On the plus side it's a lease so after three years I'll know to be more careful with specs. I'm really curious to see where the Q4 ends up in three years time. I'm loving the feel of the car, it looks like a car and not a computer on wheels, but at the same time the infotainment and connected tech is so behind rivals it's shocking really.

Mml2435

Post by Mml2435 »

A response (copied below) that I received today from Audi Digital Services after I emailed them asking for an update on the software (and expressing my disappointment in the current features and functionality). Doesn’t give much info, but does seem to say that an update is coming, so fingers crossed…

Thank you for contacting Audi Digital Services.

In regards to your inquiry. We have not been provided with any definite date of official release of the software update for the Q4 e-tron and therefore, we are unable to provide and exact date or time of the release.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience, kindly be informed that once the update is available, you will have access to the full range of the capabilities installed in your vehicle. The hardware of your vehicle is installed the only thing left is for the software to enable it, this is the case with all Q4 e-tron models and the software update will resolve these issue.

Once again, we appreciate your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Thankfully Audi Digital aren’t responsible for IOS or Windows software updates otherwise we would still be using Windows XP or iOS 2.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Tony

Post by Tony »

Mml2435 wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:36 pm
The hardware of your vehicle is installed the only thing left is for the software to enable it, this is the case with all Q4 e-tron models and the software update will resolve these issue.

That's encouraging at least!
matta

Post by matta »

Do we know what additional features/services we expect to be added?
Tony

Post by Tony »

There's a whole page on the Audi site about it, including Functions on demand which will probably be enabled in 2026 😂

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/owners/my-audi.html

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/owners ... emand.html
theguru83

Post by theguru83 »

I spoke to my Audi dealer a couple of weeks ago to say it still wasn't working. She said that she's done her bit, and I'd have to contact Audi Customer Services. So I gave up. It was too much hassle. I checked the app a couple of days ago and noticed that it has finally registered me as a key user and the charge level and range are now correct. I haven't had a chance to get in the car and see if that guest message has gone. But it might be worth checking...they may have pushed the fix through ahead of week 6.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

I find it’s good for a few days, then decides it’s had enough and goes back to its old ways!
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
matta

Post by matta »

Anyone heard any updates on the required software update?
Tony

Post by Tony »

I googled a few days ago but haven't been able to read anything. Tempted to email Audi support again but they never seem to know anything.