Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

Hi

Still waiting for my order, question to existing owners after Scotty’s message. Can you confirm what you can actual do on the app i.e can you check charging, remote climate control, send destinations to satnav remotely, and set overnight charging ?

Thanks

TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

So far the only things you can do with the app are check battery charge level and charging status (no charge scheduling), remote set climate control and see what the current range is… nothing else
matta

Post by matta »

TheSarge wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:40 pm
So far the only things you can do with the app are check battery charge level and charging status (no charge scheduling), remote set climate control and see what the current range is… nothing else
This is my experience also. Pretty poor show in my opinion. I had a Volvo previously and the ability to send a destination to the sat nav was a great function that I'm very much missing, plus the remote unlock/lock (or even just checking the car is locked remotely). Charge scheduling is not much of an issue for me as I can control that from the charger itself.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Agree with all above. NOT GOOD ENOUGH AUDI??? Pen to paper me thinks. It’s the ability to remotely schedule a charge and remotely send a destination from the app that I miss compared with other makes I’ve had. Granted you can set a destination on the sat nav with suggested charge points but for me these EVs require a little more forward planning. A Better Route Planner or zap map are good alternatives. I would like to plan a long journey from my armchair thank you. As for a charging schedule I’m totally relying on the podpoint app to do that (and even then that’s been a challenge to avoid staying up till 1230 at night and getting up again at 430 in the morning????
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

I phoned Audi digital on Friday, they told me that it should be resolved by the software update expected towards the end of November, although not certain. That will allow you then to add your my Audi login to the act and add the functionality available on other Audi's...like the one I just had!
EmJef

Post by EmJef »

I received my Q4 eTron two weeks ago so am still getting to know it. Every time I start it up, a full-screen Notice comes up about its connection to external services and I have to press OK to get rid of it. There is a button to press to stop it coming up, but if I press it, it tells me that I am a guest user and I am not allowed to do that. I am registered as the main user with the myAudi app. Does anyone know how to get rid of this Notice permanently?
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

EmJef wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:28 am
I received my Q4 eTron two weeks ago so am still getting to know it. Every time I start it up, a full-screen Notice comes up about its connection to external services and I have to press OK to get rid of it. There is a button to press to stop it coming up, but if I press it, it tells me that I am a guest user and I am not allowed to do that. I am registered as the main user with the myAudi app. Does anyone know how to get rid of this Notice permanently?
This is also a major annoyance of mine as well, there doesn't seem to be any way of setting up users in the MMI, which I'm guessing is part of the software development they've not finished yet

Also, is anyone able to log into the Apple Watch app for myAudi. mine just fails to log in all the time, so I'm wondering If this is also something not there for the Q4 yet
matta

Post by matta »

Tim6181 wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:44 am
EmJef wrote:
This is also a major annoyance of mine as well, there doesn't seem to be any way of setting up users in the MMI, which I'm guessing is part of the software development they've not finished yet

Also, is anyone able to log into the Apple Watch app for myAudi. mine just fails to log in all the time, so I'm wondering If this is also something not there for the Q4 yet
The inability to permanently get rid of that message is very annoying. I find it irritating that the software on the car appears unfinished.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

EmJef wrote:
I spoke to Audi digital, until they update the software (meant to be this month) there is no way to login to the MMI and this will then enable the privacy stuff along with other functions in the app
JP2024

Post by JP2024 »

Has anyone got a resolution on this issue? I'm unable to set myself as a key user in the car (I am on the app), so get a really annoying message every time I get in the car.