Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

The reply from Audi Digital with a comment that the MyAudi app charging timer should be functioning! I’m convinced it has never worked and will be part of a future update.

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly be informed that with information provided we will forward the case to our technical team in order to investigate the issue with charging timer via myAudi app.

If they advise that there is a resolution for the case that can be performed by Audi Partner we will inform you immediately.

As explained in prior communication the option for MMI charging timer is not yet available.

As regarding to your vehicle status not updating properly on your myAudi app, this has to be addressed with another investigation, and if you wish to proceed in reporting that error please provide us with following:

Screenshot of myAudi app Vehicle status, with visible timestamp
Screenshot of the MMI mileage and battery level, with visible timestamp and LTE bars
This information is necessary in order to show the difference in communication to myAudi app from the vehicle.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

I'm currently having a mildly frustrating exchange of emails with Audi Connect UK, I have asked for the release date and stated I do not want the following responses from them:

1) you need to reset key user
2) reinstall the app
3) we do not know when an update will be released
4) an update is coming soon
5) Please take your vehicle to the nearest Audi Centre (unless by some miracle an update is available!)
6) anything that does not relate to the Audi Q4 (please follow this link so you can see the model I'm referring to in this email https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/models ... -tron.html)

I'm on my second response and so far they have ticked off option 2 and 3 in their replies. I will continue to refuse their responses and will continue to ask for a release date and see who cracks first!
Q4etron

Post by Q4etron »

Brilliant post Sarge, please let us know how you get on. It’s easier getting blood out of a stone though than getting sense out of Audi digital regarding Q4 software.

We need to be able to escalate this issue somehow.
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

For context, here is my first email... The responses so far from Audi have been predictable!

Firstly this email is written in frustration and Audi's complete lack of knowledge of their own cars and ability to roll out updates that allow their customers to use full functionality of the vehicle they have paid for.

I own an Audi Q4 Etron, and to be very clear it's is not a Q2, Q3, Q5, Etron, Etron GT or any other vehicle in the Audi range, I own an Audi Q4 Etron, the fully electric model launched last year, you know the one that shares the VWAG all electric platform with the VW ID.4 and ID.3, it's important I make this very clear now as it appears Audi get very confused about their own models!

The Q4 has been released with a substandard, partially functional MMI and Connect system that only allows the owner to view charging and set climate control from the app, and before you tell me to delete key users, reinstall the app etc etc. I have done this, I have owned the car for 6 months, I do not want to be told to do this again. I want to be able to use Charge Scheduling, send destinations to the car, locate the car, maybe even turn the headlights on remotely!

I am sick to death of having to tap the "I agree" button on the MMI privacy screen EVERY TIME I start the car because Audi still have not enabled user profiles on the Q4 Etron and as such the car must be driven in guest mode.

Please, and I must stress the collective frustration that Q4 owners are sharing (you only need to look at the Q4 forums to see this!), can you provide me with an exact date Audi will be updating the MMI and Connect services so that us Q4 owners can fully use the cars we have all paid a not insignificant amount of money for.

Please note, I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR the following responses from you

1) you need to reset key user
2) reinstall the app
3) we do not know when an update will be released
4) an update is coming soon
5) Please take your vehicle to the nearest Audi Centre (unless by some miracle an update is available!)
6) anything that does not relate to the Audi Q4 (please follow this link so you can see the model I'm referring to in this email https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/models ... -tron.html)

I hope you can find and call/email/zoom someone within Audi group who knows what a Q4 Etron is and that they can provide you with exact date of when this will be released as so far, no one appears to be able to!

I look forward to a positive reply from you.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

Brilliant and best of luck... I've tried escalating this issue via my dealership contact when he's having meetings with his senior management and when he's meeting Audi Group members... Sadly (and predictably) I am not getting any traction from it :(
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Etronny

Post by Etronny »

Hiya, I have a leased Audi Q4 Etron SLine in Navarra Blue- love the car and driving experience but hate the MMI software and its persistent irritations - its niggly but making the experience of keeping this car annoying. There does not seem to be a resolution on the horizon so I am now looking to return the car. I have an exchange idea in mind but appreciate it may be a difficult route -

It's been my first experience of Audi it it has been clearly mixed -
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

A really good email TheSarge sent.

I got another ridiculous response from Audi Digital after more issues.

Thank you for your reply.

Kindly be informed that with information provided we will forward the case to our technical team in order to investigate the issue with charging timer via myAudi app.

If they advise that there is a resolution for the case that can be performed by Audi Partner we will inform you immediately.

As explained in prior communication the option for MMI charging timer is not yet available.

As regarding to your vehicle status not updating properly on your myAudi app, this has to be addressed with another investigation, and if you wish to proceed in reporting that error please provide us with following:

Screenshot of myAudi app Vehicle status, with visible timestamp
Screenshot of the MMI mileage and battery level, with visible timestamp and LTE bars
This information is necessary in order to show the difference in communication to myAudi app from the vehicle.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

I'm now on my sixth email to Audi, each response so far have all asked me to check LTE connect, reset app blah blah blah. I have told them to stop insulting my intelligence and provide me with a roll out date and if they can't they must escalate until they find someone who can... Have also had to remind them (after they asked that I checked the LTE connection so the car can be updated!) that the Q4 won't be able to perform OTE updates until after the next update which needs to be done at the dealer!

So far I'm going round in circles but I'm not going to give up!
Q4etron

Post by Q4etron »

What email address have you sent the complaint through to?

Probably an idea for more of us to voice our concerns
Q4etron

Post by Q4etron »

Found this video on the Cariad Sub reddit