Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Chowmann

Post by Chowmann »

I had the VW connect app previously with a data plug for the car, worked great for recording my business mileage. Audi has the plug and play app but there is no way of connecting it to the car as I have been told by my Audi dealership that the Q4 should not have a data plug inserted even though the port is there.
I have spoken to MyAudi and Digital services and my dealership and non of them can help 😫
Q4 Sportback S Line 40 C&S Interior Pack Typhoon Grey

Tony

Post by Tony »

The more I think about this the smarter Volvo was to a) spin-off Polestar into its own business and b) just use Android auto for all the infotainment features.

Platform wise I think VW Group is doing well but the software side of their business is truly shocking.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

What I don't get with this is that the app and software is basically identical to every other Audi over the past few years, I had a Q3 before and it could receive destinations and remote lock so not quite sure why it is is so hard for this to be fixed on the Q4. It's not like the id3/4 where it's a completely new interface
JonasC

Post by JonasC »

Actually it is like the ID 3/4, Audi Q4 is on the same hardware and software platform as the to ID cars. The software is just whit a Audi UI. And the software version we are all looking forward to is the MEB version 3.0. If you look at the ID4 and Skoda Enyaq forums they are dealing whit some of the same issues
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

Just found this in relation to MEB 3.0 - interesting read

https://tekdeeps.com/volkswagens-meb-ba ... arge-2022/
Chowmann

Post by Chowmann »

rxtaylor1966 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:14 pm

Interesting read. Hopefully this comes to the Q4, extended range would be helpful in this cold weather! 🥶
Q4 Sportback S Line 40 C&S Interior Pack Typhoon Grey
matta

Post by matta »

rxtaylor1966 wrote: ↑
Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:14 pm

Interesting read. Hopefully this comes to the Q4, extended range would be helpful in this cold weather! 🥶
Here's hoping, very positive view if it does indeed hit the Q4's also.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Indeed, would love for the car to be smarter. I'm still intrigued by the functions on demand feature. Still not sure if I have a light bar that's been turned off or if it's just a giant piece of plastic (on the rear) 😆
Rando

Post by Rando »

Having come from a 330e and just done 7 months as an interim in a Kona I must say I'm shocked with the way the app works in terms of linking driver to car.

Previous cars were both based on code in vehicle method whereas now it was authorised by supplying dealer, sorted quickly but quite confusing.

The app is unbelievably basic, the Kona had so many options to tweak the car, altering the max charge was one thing.

Hopefully there is an update that brings some additional functionality as this looks way behind what others are doing.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

Tony wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:23 am
Indeed, would love for the car to be smarter. I'm still intrigued by the functions on demand feature. Still not sure if I have a light bar that's been turned off or if it's just a giant piece of plastic (on the rear) 😆
I was stuck behind a Q3 at the weekend that had the full rear light lit up. Looked good. Given the cost of the Q4 even in its most basic form I think its really tight and somewhat an own goal not having them all enabled with it.

I suspect far more will feel cheated by it after seeing it on the demo car and assuming it was standard, like the boot floor etc.

I think its particularly weird that they think we all need puddle lights that display Etron on the ground every time the door is opened but the rear light isn't lit, certainly on the S-Line it looks like the lights are actually there on the rear so surely the advertising factor of people seeing them would benefit them.