Audi App Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Morten A
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Morten A » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 am

Hi all

First time here.

We all experience that our new Q4 is not 100% upgraded yet. Missing timer for charging, missing personal MMI account etc.

On www.e-tronforum.com I found a post from TheSarge in UK. He found a schedule for app upgrades on an Audi site.

Nineth post from top in this link:

https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/use ... tion.2780/

It seems most of what we miss will come in week 48.

Morten

Morten A
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Morten A » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:51 am

A question: do any of you experience that the wireless phone charging falls out after a few minutes?

M.

TheSarge
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:57 am

Post by TheSarge » Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:29 pm

Morten A wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 am
Hi all

First time here.

We all experience that our new Q4 is not 100% upgraded yet. Missing timer for charging, missing personal MMI account etc.

On www.e-tronforum.com I found a post from TheSarge in UK. He found a schedule for app upgrades on an Audi site.

Nineth post from top in this link:

https://www.e-tronforum.com/threads/use ... tion.2780/

It seems most of what we miss will come in week 48.

Morten
Dam, my cover has been blown :lol:

Morten A
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Morten A » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:11 am

:D :D :D :D

M.

petermo
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by petermo » Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm

Youngster wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:46 pm
Well, I don’t know what the dealer did, and what’s more, nor do they, but the app now shows current charge and allows remote climate control scheduling. As a bonus I also now have traffic updates on the maps too. The dealer isn’t aware of specifically fixing anything, other than some sort of reset. When I suggested a software update they even actually said no, just a reset
I'd seen MySarge's posting in the other place as well :lol: , but I'd be really interested in finding out how Youngster got the app to show current charge and allow climate control scheduling. Any thoughts or suggestions?

TheSarge
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:57 am

Post by TheSarge » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:36 pm

:D
petermo wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 pm
Youngster wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:46 pm
Well, I don’t know what the dealer did, and what’s more, nor do they, but the app now shows current charge and allows remote climate control scheduling. As a bonus I also now have traffic updates on the maps too. The dealer isn’t aware of specifically fixing anything, other than some sort of reset. When I suggested a software update they even actually said no, just a reset
I'd seen MySarge's posting in the other place as well :lol: , but I'd be really interested in finding out how Youngster got the app to show current charge and allow climate control scheduling. Any thoughts or suggestions?
You need to get the dealer to add you as the Key User, you will then be able to see this on the app.

3AA5E39F-4B9E-4ED7-B26A-0C27D05F7120.png

It’s a bit of a faff to be honest, will involve actually going to the dealer and they will go away and tap a load of things into a computer!

petermo
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by petermo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:55 pm

The dealer has had a couple of goes, and not been able to set me as key user. I've been in touch Audi Digital Services and they've suggested a factory reset and then get the dealer to try again. I'll let you know how I get on.

Morten A
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Morten A » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:44 am

Hi again

I received my car August 25. Current charge and climate control scheduling have been there all the time. I guess the Key User is the issue.

Anyone using the induction wireless charging for the phone?

Mine stops charging after a minute. Have tried several phones. Same thing happens.

M.

petermo
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by petermo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:52 pm

petermo wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:55 pm
The dealer has had a couple of goes, and not been able to set me as key user. I've been in touch Audi Digital Services and they've suggested a factory reset and then get the dealer to try again. I'll let you know how I get on.
I did a MMI Restore Factory Settings, and the dealer tried to set me as the key user again. First time it didn't work, so we left it some time and then tried again, and finally it worked! Hooray! I now am the key user of the car and myAudi shows the range and charge status, etc. It would appear to allow me to schedule charging and control the climate, but I haven't tested those yet. Hopefully the dealer knows a bit more about how to sort things when other Q4s get delivered.

Post Reply