Reversing Lights

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
thebb

Post by thebb »

I think from a previous post, you need the hardware fitted in the car to activate the options - given the current nightmare with parts, I doubt they will fit the hardware ;)

So, reading between the lines, no light bar unless you have the matrix headlight upgrade :( or second revering light :(

Tony

Post by Tony »

That's what I'm confused about. If you paid £1070 for the Matrix lights then you should have it, no question. But if Audi are doing a Tesla and making all our cars WITH the matrix headlights, but disabled, then when the shop is activated we could turn it on for, say, 3 months for £300 OR turn it on forever for £1070 🤔

You can't add back in electric seat if they don't build them in, but maybe technology like the lights can just be turned on?

I know that sounds crazy but it may be cheaper to mass produce these parts as opposed to swapping them out (in an ideal production world with no chip delays)

I'll phone and check, I may have got some of this mixed up but it's all quite confusing.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Few takeaways from my phone call -

- There is an update coming soon that will add some extra functions to the car, possibly locking or unlocking, I can't recall exactly.
- There is nothing in the shop/functions-on-demand app yet because the Q4 is too new and the software hasn't been updated yet (I think we all knew that).
- The ability to enable the matrix lights I posted earlier is for the e-tron, not the Q4, so it seems like the more expensive model has the hardware installed and can unlock the matrix ability in markets that support the shop/functions-on-demand.
- My S-Line 40 does not have the matrix lights installed (in terms of hardware) so I can't enable that (which makes sense).
- I'm still not sure if my rear light bar can be activated separately from the matrix lights, as it seems to be a light, but will only find out when the shop/functions-on-demand app has been updated.
- Semi-related, we can ignore the Audi Connect app, it's old and we don't need it.