22kwh Podpoint

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

I’m setting up my order for Podpoint. We are fortunate in having 3 phase connection. Has anyone got experience of the 22kwh charging. I know it’s limited to 11kwh but that’s still 40 % better than 7kwh - but is that proven is real world ?

It appears the 7k is free; but the 22kw is ~£1300 so it doesn’t appear to have any Audi contribution

Any thoughts on if it would be worth it? And if 11kwh is really achieved compared to 7k.

I should add. I have the 40 on Order and our
Off street garage is exceptionally difficult to manoeuvre into so we won’t be charging every day.

Btw I had to prod my dealer to sort out Podpoint on the ‘order number’ as opposed to VIN

Tony

Post by Tony »

Not too sure about the exact details but I think the 7kw is around 11 hours to charge fully which is perfect if you leave it plugged in each night. Plus if it's a pain to manoeuvre into you might well leave it there for a while?
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

With an 80 kWh battery pack, there is likely to be no restriction by the BMS (battery management system) on charging at 7 kW or 11 kW up to 80% SOC (state of charge), so the 11 kW charger will make a difference.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

On octopus go. You get 4 hours @5p Kw overnight. Which is significant, leaving to charge overnight is not a problem but significantly more expensive outside of the 4 hours. If i get 40+ miles additional charge at 5p if I charge at 11kw then maybe it might be worth it.
TauntonAudiFan

Post by TauntonAudiFan »

You need to reflect on how much you drive the car each day and how many hours you’d expect to need to charge.
At 3 miles per kw, the difference in range on a 4 hour 7kw charge is 84 miles v 132 miles on an 11kw charge.
To achieve the same 132 mile range on a 7kw charger would cost you an extra £3.20 on the Octopus tariff at 20p per kw.
Over 3 years that would cost you £2500 in electricity, charging 5 nights a week. The £1300 could be money well spent if you need to recoup the miles each day, or charge in greater time periods.