Electrical fault warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Burchio

Post by Burchio »

Same issue at 5k km. Turned it on. electrical warning. Turned it off. Car was going.
Brought it to the assistance, 1 week to check. All good just software issue.
I’m really fed up of all the bugs. Too many!

Tony

Post by Tony »

Thankfully only had this appear once after a rapid charge, turning it on and off a few times seemed to work/reset it.
Q4Mitch

Post by Q4Mitch »

Same thing has just happened to my Q4. 8 months old and 4,000miles. I started it today and had the “electrical fault, contact workshop error”. Car seems to drive ok and I will have to deal with it when I have more time. Bit disappointing given the age / mileage…
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Had this pop up this morning. Car driving as normal. Went away after a few power cycles. Nagged the Audi centre to plug it in as we're driving 400 miles over the weekend and they agreed to look.

Fault codes cleared, no problems of concern and everything sent to Audi. The hope is that an upcoming software patch will solve permanently.

Makes me wonder if the reason we're waiting for an update is that they're trying to catch as many of these weird intermittent faults as possible.
Gruv

Post by Gruv »

I also have the Electrical system fault: Please contact workshop with the yellow triangle with exclamation mark and the yellow battery symbol. This also happened immediately after restraining the tailgate opening.
It's now in the dealers and has been diagnosed as the battery coolant pump fault. It now appears to be a common fault and Audi have issued a service bulletin on it.
I asked if the other pump was likely to fail in the future and they said no, it only affects the one pump.
They also said that it was not caused by restraining the tailgate, however that appears to be more than a coincidence given the number of people reporting it!
Gazza299

Post by Gazza299 »

I to have had that warning but it went off after a few stop/starts, what is people opinion: should I take my car in to be checked ie pump- Coolant or leave it?
The car is running fine and I’m happy with it.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

I had the same this week, and just cycled the ignition a few times and drove up and down the street and it has disappeared.

A yellow warning is advisory, a red warning is a must because it is safety related. If it happens again, I’d call Audi and have them look at it - that’s what I will do.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Tony

Post by Tony »

Every time I start the car I have a yellow triangle warning. Is that not normal? It vanishes after a minute of driving.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Yes, that is normal - I’ve not looked up what that particular one means actually.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Audi pre-sense monitor. Light should go out in about 100-200 metres of driving. I’ve found that Inclement weather can affect it.