Home charging with a Podpoint Solo

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

I feel your experience. I was on first name terms with the Podpoint technicians just making their lives hell. Touch wood - all has been ok to date since suffering my experience of only charging at 3.5kw. Deleting the app worked for me in addition to a new printed circuit board. I must admit, I to looked at dumping the Podpoint for something you would hope was reliable. This could be a whole new subject area?? For me I would keep persevering with Podpoint - my issue now is when the vehicles software is to be updated and the lack of current vehicle functionality. This is a different thread me thinks.

DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

DansQ4 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:12 am
Just wanted to reply to this as I was having a similar issue to the above with the car only pulling 3.5kwh from the PodPoint Solo.

For context this was on a scheduled charge, charging to 100% (for long journey). I had scheduled charged previously to 80% and it drew 7kwh. Tested again last night at a scheduled charge from 00:30-04:30 to 80% and it drew 7kwh so I would guess that when its set to 100% for some reason its only drawing half the amount. Strange.
Back again......scheduled charge last night, same as above (although weirdly the car had set itself to charge to 60% and not 80%) and it only drew 3.5kwh all night. Good times. Probably not worth it given the discussions surrounding this subject here but might contact the dealer and ask them whats going on.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

If your looking for something different I can recommend the Hypervolt. After a small initial minor issue, working superb even when charging with solar only. Customer service is second to none.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

So I've finally managed to log into the car with myAudi details and it's literally lost all my previous settings.

Anyway...I've tonight plugged the car in to schedule over night and now the PodPoint is flashing green (schedule active) but there's no light on the Audi charger showing? Is this right?

I know before when I was doing it I would get a red light from the Audi and an error with some fault however it would charge...!

I'm just wondering if I leave it will it charge or is the fact there's no light showing mean something is wrong?

Any help appreciated!
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

DansQ4 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:13 pm
So I've finally managed to log into the car with myAudi details and it's literally lost all my previous settings.

Anyway...I've tonight plugged the car in to schedule over night and now the PodPoint is flashing green (schedule active) but there's no light on the Audi charger showing? Is this right?

I know before when I was doing it I would get a red light from the Audi and an error with some fault however it would charge...!

I'm just wondering if I leave it will it charge or is the fact there's no light showing mean something is wrong?

Any help appreciated!
Nope this didn't work, in fact, it didn't charge at all which is even more frustrating. I have sent a Support request to PodPoint so will report back.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

DansQ4 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:00 am
DansQ4 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:13 pm

Any help appreciated!
Nope this didn't work, in fact, it didn't charge at all which is even more frustrating. I have sent a Support request to PodPoint so will report back.
Even more of a weird one now........actual scheduled charge worked on the car last night, PodPoint scheduling turned off, only switched on in the car and it's worked...!
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

I seem to be spamming this page as of late however I have had a response from PodPoint to say that they're aware of the VW/Audi issue:
In regards to the slow charging that you noticed in 17/08/2022 we would like to inform you that we have noticed similar occasions with the VW/Audi group and we can confirm we are investigating the matter.
I am able to charge however via the schedule window feature within the car itself so I have set that to the golden 00:30-04:30hrs and it's worked fine the last two times I have tried it pulling 7kwh each time so I think I'll just use this from now on bar any issues. I get the fast blinking green light on the cable connection and in the app it says the timer is set.

Hopefully PodPoint will get back to me further in the future but I suppose it's positive they're aware of it.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Hello dansQ4. Are you getting scheduled charge management menu within the MMI?? If so this is great. I think the majority of Q4 users out there have not yet got this feature as yet. Awaiting the allusive software update. I can only do a scheduled charge via the Podpoint app.
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Hi
Don’t think your issue is 100% Podpoint, I think there’s an issue with the app and car communicating with it. I had an issue yesterday with charging remotely and would be interesting to hear if anyone else has had the same problem. My home charger was plugged into the car on Friday afternoon to charge with excess solar being generated after my battery storage got to 100% and was able to charge remotely as I am away from home and my wife is still learning. Left the car plugged in and attempted to do the same yesterday however wouldn’t work and couldn’t communicate with the car from the app message coming up, your car may be in an area with poor Wi-Fi, the car was 15 feet from the router. It looked like the car went into a deep sleep and nothing could waken it. Tried the charger numerous times remotely without success. When my wife came home after being away for the day, I got her to unplug and plug in right away again and I could charge. Not handy if this is going to happen having to do this all the time. I’ve never had an issue on night charging as I use the Hypervolt charger schedule rather than the Audi one, I don’t actually think it has the capability as tbh I haven’t really looked.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

ScottyQ4 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:44 pm
Hello dansQ4. Are you getting scheduled charge management menu within the MMI?? If so this is great. I think the majority of Q4 users out there have not yet got this feature as yet. Awaiting the allusive software update. I can only do a scheduled charge via the Podpoint app.
Yes, I am able to set locations too so Home and Work for example. When I get home it shows I am home and I can go in and set the days and times I want it to charge etc. Will try and take a photo/video of it and upload it. As such I wont be using the PodPoint app to schedule a charge as it doesn't seem consistent.