Home charging with a Podpoint Solo

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

The MyAudi app, and the technical functionality of the car is way beyond acceptable. I’ve called and emailed Audi Digital and Audi Customer Service numerous times about the app, the lack of functions like remote locking, and an In car charging timer, but they reply saying they are aware of this and doing their best to resolve these. I’m convinced we won’t see any fix this side of Christmas!

As to the charging, best to give Pod Point a ring as they seem to be having software issues as well, and usually you can get some sense out of them, unlike Audi.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

Ollyb10

Post by Ollyb10 »

Hi
Found this trail after experiencing the same issue - I have Audi Q4 and when using a scheduled charge on PodPoint tethered 7KW the car only receives roughly half ie 3.5kw.
I have had the PodPoint engineer out today who has tested everything and we confirms together that the issue only occurs when a schedule is set - given we schedule overnight to benefit from cheaper electricity rate - this is highly frustrating as not getting up at midnight to plug in to get 7KW ph vs 3.5.
The engineer catagorically said it is an Audi software comparability issue and they need to update software to resolve it.
I have contacted digital services and customer service and await a response.
Please let me know if anyone has resolved this or advise?!
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Exactly the same issue I have had since November 21. The latest resolution was to delete the app off your phone and download it again. Frustrating I know.
Ollyb10

Post by Ollyb10 »

Thanks for reply did this resolve it perminantly or just short term? Also the PodPoint app or Audi app?
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

I’ve been told it’s a software issue at pod point. I complained and made a fuss on Twitter and they have since given me £250 compensation as I can’t fully charge on cheap electricity. Currently no timescales for fixing the problem.
SebastianGee

Post by SebastianGee »

Lucky for us, my economy 7 doesn't adjust to the spring time change of clocks, so cheap(er) charging starts at 11:30pm: still awake! Check with your providers :)
We should all be asking for £250 as that would focus their mind a bit to find a solution....
Ronochan

Post by Ronochan »

Had this 3.5kW charge issue also, but seems to resolve itself if I power cycle the Podpoint using the MCB in the house. Charge resumes at 7kW (app says 6.5kW but smart meter confirms 7ish).

Interesting, the schedule seems to fail completely to always on if the Podpoint loses Wi-Fi for an extended period. Learnt this when someone unplugged the garden Wi-Fi extender and didn’t put it back in later 🙄
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Ollyb10 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:10 pm
Thanks for reply did this resolve it perminantly or just short term? Also the PodPoint app or Audi app?
Delete the Podpoint App only and reload it from the App Store/iCloud.

This resolution I would hope is long term. No problems with the charging rate at 3.5kw since carrying out this request.
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

Just wanted to reply to this as I was having a similar issue to the above with the car only pulling 3.5kwh from the PodPoint Solo.

For context this was on a scheduled charge, charging to 100% (for long journey). I had scheduled charged previously to 80% and it drew 7kwh. Tested again last night at a scheduled charge from 00:30-04:30 to 80% and it drew 7kwh so I would guess that when its set to 100% for some reason its only drawing half the amount. Strange.
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

Still only charging at 3+ for me. Including at 100% or 80%; deleted app (which as totally expected was pointless as scheduling consumption is obviously nothing to do with the app); no scheduling it happily works at 7.5kwh. Still spending my £250 of credit they gave me. But I’ve now decided to look at different chargers as everything about PodPoint is very poor, app, user experience, service.