Software Versions

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
OhhBeeOne

Post by OhhBeeOne »

Assuming we're all on the same software version in our Q4s.

Software Version: 3608

Any thoughts to upcoming changes or how they'll be delivered? Over the air doesn't seem likely.

JonasC

Post by JonasC »

The expected update for Audi Q4, will not be OTA. You need to take the car to a Audi dealer (what I have been informed). Probably the update will be the MEB platform update version 3.0. And afterwards the car should be ready for future update’s via OTA
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

I just tried Audi digital, useless is being polite, apparently ask the dealer but they couldn't tell me if it was ready or not... But will be a dealer visit this time by sounds of it
matta

Post by matta »

Exactly the response I received also, not very helpful!
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

Edam77 wrote:
Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:06 pm
I just tried Audi digital, useless is being polite, apparently ask the dealer but they couldn't tell me if it was ready or not... But will be a dealer visit this time by sounds of it
And when you talk to the dealer they will suggest you book the car in to get software version checked which no doubt will say the car is up to date.

I have had that conversation with the dealership and suggested that perhaps it makes more sense to wait until the latest software is available but frankly they didn't seem interested.

What is the point on us all taking our car in to the dealer, leaving the car to be checked etc etc to come back and find nothing has changed and we are still waiting for an update.

Audi really doesn't seem to talk to other internal departments and coordinate what they are doing at all.
matta

Post by matta »

The trouble is not knowing if/when it will be released so the dealership can do the update.
Tony

Post by Tony »

How will we know? Is that something that will appear in the apps news tab or will we have to keep an eye on the Audi forums?
JonD

Post by JonD »

The dealers won’t have any more info than Audi digital and they should know this. Even the executives at audi UK don’t know. They told
Me they will know about 1 week before the dealers. Audi Germany are very tight lipped when it comes to fixes