What feature of the Q4 do you find most annoying

Faults and Technical chat for the Audi Q4
EmJef

Post by EmJef »

I hope this is a thread that others can contribute to - and that Audi might read:

My nomination for the most annoying feature is the touch-sensitive controls on the left side (in the UK) of the multi-function steering wheel. Change your grip of the wheel slightly and the the screen in front of you goes wild. You then have to spend a minute or two trying to get back to the display you had to begin with. The touch sensitive controls are completely redundant as their function is reproduced by push buttons in the same place, which are much more sensible on a part of the wheel you want or need to grip.

ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

The MMI banners presented to you on start up. Tried to get rid of them but can’t because I’m a ‘guest’.????? Roll on the time when there maybe a software update.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I would say those MMI notifications as well.

My wife would probably say all the safety features that keep stopping the car when she's driving or parking.

I keep telling her it's probably because she's trying to park into too small of a space but go figure 😂
Lee

Post by Lee »

waiting to get the car in the first place !!
JonD

Post by JonD »

The range display on MyAudi invariably being wrong because it converts the value to miles (even though it was in miles to start with). Still I’m getting good a multiplying by 1.6
Tony

Post by Tony »

The MyAudi app always seems to be about 10 to 15% off with range estimates, which is weird as I assumed it was based on how you've been driving the car and not, you know, magic.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

The sat nav losing home address and recent destinations at random, why oh why can't it do the basics...also I crossed an international border by going across the border to Hampshire this morning...what are they doing? we have just ordered a polestar 2 as our second car, hoping that is far less buggy when it arrives!
matta

Post by matta »

Edam77 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:58 am
The sat nav losing home address and recent destinations at random, why oh why can't it do the basics...also I crossed an international border by going across the border to Hampshire this morning...what are they doing? we have just ordered a polestar 2 as our second car, hoping that is far less buggy when it arrives!
My car was at dealer today and this is still an outstanding issue awaiting the now famous update to resolve guest mode. No idea when any software update will be available.
SebastianGee

Post by SebastianGee »

If I look over your shoulder while reversing and my buttock leaves the seat, the car goes into neutral because it thinks I'm gone!
SebastianGee

Post by SebastianGee »

How am I supposed to do a quick 3-point turn with that microscopic gear changer! I feel like super-gluing a nice stick shift on it.....