Newbie - What should I know?

New to the Audi Q4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

Hi everyone,
Picked up our car this week, impressed thus far. I am just wondering if there are any decent tidbits I should know in advance?
I've seen a few bits about e-tron cards etc (not sure if I need one of these?).
Gutted we didn't switch to Octopus Energy before the crisis as we now can't get a deal (not that we would want to now with prices so high).
Any tips or advice would be greatly received!

Tony

Post by Tony »

You can put the car in reverse and move the camera on the left down to see the kerb, it kinda remembers the setting so you can always move the mirror to the left position in reverse and it will drop down for you.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Annoying to find out you can’t get a decent EV tariff, but best to call the suppliers direct, and see what they say.

The etron card is worth having as it gives you £150 of free credit at a lot of charging points. You need to register the cad and send a whatsapp to Audi to get a code to add the credit. You have a year to use the credit unless you continue with the Transit tariff.

Have a look at the following links

https://e-tron.charging-service.audi/web/en/audi-gb

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/electr ... rvice.html

Have a read of the manual as that’s been helpful for me. I discovered the front armrest moves forward as well as upwards!

It took me a few weeks to get used to driving the EV, and I did spend a lot of time looking at the range and battery levels, but not now. I have a charger at home so hasn’t been an issue and charge the car a few times a week to 80% unless I’m off on a longer trip.

One thing I get is silly comments from the EV non believers who say the car wil catch fire, cause major disruption on the motorway when it runs off of charge and of more frequently, an EV won’t won’t work for me as I drive a lot. When asked about their daily drive, it’s 30 miles!

After seven months, other than the MyAudi app that’s poor, the Q4 is the best car I’ve ever owned.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
Tony

Post by Tony »

I'm trying out different EV's right now and I can attest that it's a great car. I drove the Model Y yesterday and despite a smooth ride and a generally smart car, the build quality and general finish and design was very poor.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tony wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:54 am
I'm trying out different EV's right now and I can attest that it's a great car. I drove the Model Y yesterday and despite a smooth ride and a generally smart car, the build quality and general finish and design was very poor.

Don't get me wrong the Q4 is a nice car to be in, and not been in a Y but own a model 3 which is basically the same, and thought would be a drop in quality, but actually disagree, think it's broadly the same, fairly scratchy in the Audi in places and the screen/software is miles better in the Tesla, the fact I can open the car and seat moves to right places, adjusts the fan and radio to my setting is far better and trumps any minor differences in the Audi quality (which is really not the same as ICE Audi's...) The performance of the car and efficientcy of the Tesla is amazing and very happy with the car!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Fair, I would agree the Q4 is not as good as older Audi's (have a few in the extended family) but based on the Y I drove it was definitely more solid in terms of fit and finish. The Q4 software is terrible, that we can all agree on, I guess it may just vary depending on what you're looking for. Either way both are great cars in their own way, not like we're getting terrible cars for 50k 😆
DansQ4

Post by DansQ4 »

Thanks for all the replies!

Have found a few quirky things going on which upon reading the forum would lead me to believe they're software issues: Welcome Message continually showing every time you get in the car. Scheduling not working with the MyAudi app. PodPoint only drawing 3.5kwh when charging to 100% (only done once for long journey!).

Apart from that it's actually a joy to drive!