Newbie and initial thoughts

New to the Audi Q4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Q4Mitch

Post by Q4Mitch »

Hi everyone. Had my Q4 delivered yesterday and all seems fine.

Some initial thoughts;

I didn't realise that the raised boot floor was an optional extra! With the standard boot floor there is just enough space underneath for a tightly wound type 2 cable (in the space where the tyre repair kit would be found).

The car doesn't appear to have any working data connection, so I need to follow up with the dealer; options like "weather" or "news" just said "no active data connection" and the option for satellite images on the Navigation says "not available" if you select it.

The my Audi app seems to painful to be bothered to sort out right now. The app says that I need to make an appointment at a dealer to be set as the key user. I called the audi digital helpline and they said the same; it has to be done at a dealership.

To be fair, the last two points are a result of having the car delivered from a remote Audi dealership; they probably would have been resolved on the day if I was physically collecting the car.

Apart from the tech not appearing quite right, the rest of the car is all good.

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Hi . You don’t need to visit a dealership in order to be set up as a Key User , I bought a Q4 from Audi Brighton and had it delivered to Swansea and the dealership were able to set me up remotely.
The Audi App is pretty useless to be honest and has extremely limited functionality at the moment , the hope is that this will be improved with updates in the coming months .