Hi , advice welcome !

New to the Audi Q4 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Rich Rue

Post by Rich Rue »

I’m wanting to get an electric car with company .. tried Q4 . Kia EV6 and now Tesla MY .. think I like Q4 best but liked Tesla acceleration .. should I get a 50 ? Should I get sportsback as like looks even though I have 2 dogs and don’t think as practical ?! Help ! What’s the reliability of it like as hear problems with Tesla

Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

I've got the 40 edition 1. Had the car since November had one time where the lights on the drivers side stopped working. But they fixed themselves after the car being off overnight, hasn't repeated since. Apart from that no reliability issues at all

The acceleration though not fast, is quick enough to join motorways and get up to speed if you're over taking, you won't be burning past people on country lanes though.

I think the Sportback from videos I've seen wouldn't be too much of an issue for your dogs, there doesn't seem to be much if any boot space lost from it. I have the standard body type and the boot is plenty big enough.

The Audi app is a load of rubbish though and the software on the car is only half finished. nothing major is missing, you just know that other car companies have that side looking better on EV's. I'm sure over time it will sort itself out though, hopefully by the time you'd get one considering the new build lead times at the moment.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

If you want acceleration, you'll need to go for the 50 which is quick at 5.8s when fully charged and the battery warm. As the battery state of charge reduces and when the battery is cold, acceleration performance will be reduced - but still good.

Most other EVs have better acceleration than the Q4 - which is a bit of a weak point. The Tesla is very quick, but the interior is a bit basic and the build quality / fit and finish is not to the same standards as Audi or Volvo/Polestar.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

I have had the edition 1 40 since end of October and found plenty quick enough for every day driving (I had a petrol Q3 before and it's slightly quicker than that and more responsive) and balances range, which I know is more of what I want and it is still fun when you are the first at traffic lights. Yes the app is not as good as it was for my 2019 Q3 where I could send sat nav directions etc. which is a pain but hopefully they will sort out soon.
Mml2435

Post by Mml2435 »

I’ve had a Q4 for around 5 months. Started getting electrical warnings a few weeks ago. Now the powered boot door has stopped working. It’s booked in for repair. Don’t get sucked into the Audi build quality marketing nonsense. They are probably no worse than others, but their “reputation” is not a reason to go for Audi over others. My experience over several years with a Tesla has been some minor issues but all sorted out by service centre (or mobile service, which is very convenient). The Q4 has been a bigger disappointment in terms of build quality and reliability, given that it’s so new. And others have said, the software is really poor. Otherwise, the car is good, pleasant to drive (but not quick, if that’s what you are looking for). Just go for the car you like best, but I don’t think reliability or build quality is a particular plus point for the Audi. Personally I think the interior of the Tesla is better and more modern, but that’s pretty subjective and you can judge for yourself if you’ve seen them all. I’m sure you’ll be happy with whatever you choose.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

I've had my Q4 since December and while I really like the car, things like the app are completely broken (according to my app the licenses for all the functions have expired!). I didn't like the big "ipad" or the lack of instruments on the Tesla, didn't test drive the Polestar or Mach-E but I'm not a fan of the big tablet type centre displays....

I find the acceleration on my Q4 40 Edition 1 to be plenty fast enough but if you're after the potential for whiplash inducing acceleration, I'd recommend the EV6 GT (due out later this year - apparently) which has a claimed 0-60 in something like 3.2 seconds...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Tony

Post by Tony »

I got the 40 S-Line SUV and it's great for my dog (I also got a boot lining with a bumper flap to protect the rear).

Should be great for your two dogs. The Tesla would be an issue (I think it's an estate?), likewise the Polestar which is a saloon.

Build quality seems better then the Tesla's I've been in but that's possibly a bit subjective, I do like how the interior feels like a car though. Switches and buttons and a really nice design, as opposed to the Tesla's giant screen which is a little too minimal imho.

I think any electric car will have impressive acceleration for slip roads and roundabouts, no issues there for me with the Q4. I think the 40 does 60mph in 8 seconds and has a top speed of 99mph but to be honest any speedy driving will kill your battery so not sure you should worry about that too much.