Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

Stay strong, I was going to cancel and go the the new BMW i4, that was 8 months wait list

AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Kmd1020 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:37 am
Hey guys. I’m at a bit of a loss about whether or not to cancel my order.

I ordered a 35 S line with comfort and sound on 30/6/2. I’ve been contacted today by lookers (my local Audi dealer) and said that it’s still showing as pending.

But I got an email from Audi on 27/7/21 saying that my Audi was in build.

Lookers said it was meant to go into build last week 36 but it’s showing as still pending on their systems or whatever they use. And he said I had the option to cancel, that he couldn’t even give me an indication.

My pod point installation has been installed and I’ve switched over to octopus evergy in preparation. But I’m really considering cancelling the order of I have to wait until potentially next year… does anyone else have similar order and build time estimates who knows anything more. It’s a bit weird how the Audi email I got seems to contradict what the lookers dealer seems to know …
I agree with what others have said. Keep with it because you will regret it if you cancel and then find you've got another 8 - 12 month wait for a different new car. It sounds like yours may appear stuck but I've read on other forums that cars can suddenly go from stuck to at the dealers in the space of a week.

Audi seem very crap at giving accurate updates but there is a process and it can take time to get there but it will, have faith.
SQ8Vorsprung

Post by SQ8Vorsprung »

Audi Bedford can't give me any accurate information. I ordered a fully loaded 50 Vorsprung on 7th July with tow-bar, heat pump, etc...still don't know what delivery timescales will be with or without the tow-bar. Others have reported 7 month delay due to the tow-bar added. Still waiting....
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Mine has gone back to late October now, seems to go back half a month every week at the moment.

I’m currently not confident of getting the car before Christmas at this rate

Build week was 12th July, so it’s been sat at build phase for a long time now
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

SQ8Vorsprung, I was told minimum of July 22 with towbar, they’ve now removed it totally. Although when I looked yest it was still there, I cancelled it off mine, no way was I waiting over a year
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Tim6181 wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:58 pm
Mine has gone back to late October now, seems to go back half a month every week at the moment.

I’m currently not confident of getting the car before Christmas at this rate

Build week was 12th July, so it’s been sat at build phase for a long time now
Feeling the same about not getting it before Christmas, Audi UK said ask the dealer for updates, dealer said now can't give a timescale having said early October was worst case scenario!
PhilA

Post by PhilA »

If you DM @Audiuk on twitter they can give you an update with the build week

Mine is now week 48, having been told week 50 by the dealer
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

PhilA wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Thanks I have tried that, but mine is built (in July!) except for one part and nobody at Audiuk or the dealer know when it will be finished.
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Edam77 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:38 pm
PhilA wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:19 pm

Thanks I have tried that, but mine is built (in July!) except for one part and nobody at Audiuk or the dealer know when it will be finished.
I’m in same boat. Build week 12th July. Dealer my lease company are using can’t tell me anything other than they’ve no idea when it’ll be made. Which is not particularly helpful.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Just got a text from Audi UK.

Your order is booked in to build. We are sorry but due to the global shortage of semiconductor chips, it may take longer than normal. Your Audi Centre will be in touch to update you further. Thank you for your patience. Audi UK.