Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

Just hope they don't have the hard neck to charge another £120 for the metallic paint after waiting well over a year for it.

JulesR33&

Post by JulesR33& »

Murchison 2003 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:14 pm
FYI
Received MY 23 changes from my dealer today, not much changes
Thank you. Very helpful. Appreciate you sharing
:Jules

Q4 40 Edition 1 Sportback in Navarra Blue with Tech Pack

Ordered: Jan 22

Jun 22 Provisional build slot 14 Nov 22
Aug 22 Amended to 16 Jan 22
Sep 22 - 6 Feb 23
Oct 22 - 6 Mar 23
Dec 22 - 3 Apr 23
Jan 13 - 10 Jul 23
Feb 23 - 11 Sep 23
Ashkings

Post by Ashkings »

That sounds encouraging. I ordered a similar spec in March 2022 and have had no update on build week. Based on your post it sounds as though mine could be ready by Jan- Feb 2023… assuming German industry and factories does not get hit by gas rationing
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Murchison 2003 wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:14 pm
FYI
Received MY 23 changes from my dealer today, not much changes
Please can you help me? Perhaps it’s my panic, but as someone who is now 11 months into a Vorspung order, I can’t understand what this means.

Does it mean that existing Vorsprung orders will be honoured at the current spec but that no new Vorsprung orders will be taken after 30 June?

OR does it mean that existing Vorsprung specs will be converted to whatever trim replaces Vorsprunh? I’m just not sure what it means to “convert to MY23” when the spec doesn’t exist?!

Sorry I’m sure it’s just me…
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

I read it as; if you order now, you don't get the trim. You'll get the trim if you have ordered but is built before July 5th. I could be wrong however with Audi, it seems like take what your given when it arrives, like it or lump it.
Tony

Post by Tony »

I love how they can't even build enough cars and yet someone somewhere has approved model year changes 😂

Worst comes to the worst, and it's not exactly what you ordered, you can at least sell the car for quite a big profit.
Casperelli

Post by Casperelli »

Murchison 2003 wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:50 am
I read it as; if you order now, you don't get the trim. You'll get the trim if you have ordered but is built before July 5th. I could be wrong however with Audi, it seems like take what your given when it arrives, like it or lump it.
What are the changes if you don't mind me asking
Q4 50 Edition 1 C&S/TK/HP/AD/21s
pgrainger

Post by pgrainger »

Has anyone else had these MY23 changes confirmed by their dealer? My dealer didn’t know about them when I asked him about my Vorsprung order. The changes, as reported earlier on this thread, suggest that if you have a Vorsprung ordered that has yet to be built, then it isn’t going to be built!
Tony

Post by Tony »

Also unless I'm crazy the current Audi UK website is still showing the 21/22 model trims? When are they going to update that?
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

I had it confirmed by Audi (WhatsApp) as follows.

“Concerning your query and to clarify, as an existing order, your Q4 e-tron will still be built as a Vorsprung variant, albeit with the addition of the usual model tweaks and improvements that come with all new Model Year builds. The trim discontinuation means that it will be unavailable to order going forward,”

I asked what were the “usual model tweaks and improvement” and received this:

“We haven't yet been provided the changes for Q4 e-tron from Factory just yet, however, we should get this information in the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your patience.”

So… basically… if you’ve got a Vorsprung order, you’ll get what you’re given! (Which I think someone else already deduced faster than I did!)