Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Absolutely agree. Franchised dealers bring nothing to any brand but bad service and a price margin increase of around 10%, for the benefit.

Audi have clear production systems and planning to know when your car is likely to be completed, even considering the semi-conductor issues that are affecting most of their T1 suppliers. They just refuse to communicate that detail outside of the production facility.

It really is unacceptable, with no real justification behind keeping the customer in the dark.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S

Deleted User 213

Post by Deleted User 213 »

The lack of communication from Audi UK has indeed been really frustrating. Reading all the comments in this thread I count myself very lucky that my Q4 (50 Vorsprung) will be delivered next week. It has come just in the nick of time, I was about to press the button to order a Tesla Model Y instead.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

I had a call from my dealership yesterday... my car has been built (and was 1 day old!). Now the wait for its transport and delivery...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
adambsmith

Post by adambsmith »

Ordered my Q4 in September and now quoted as May delivery.

Around the same time in September, Mrs Smith orders a TT which was delivered yesterday.

Surprised the TT came through so quickly. ;)
chilternflyer

Post by chilternflyer »

Hi all,
I ordered a Q4 sportback yesterday
I kinda felt pressured by the price increase on 1st december. If I'm honest it's a bit early for me (I was waiting for the Cupra Born).

Anyway...
Has anyone got any ideas on the delivery date of new sportback orders? I'm wondering how long I've got to cancel it if I have to.
Edwin52

Post by Edwin52 »

I ordered my Q4 Sportback 50 Quattro Vorsprung, on Sat.
I was told a few days before, at a different dealer, that they would be expecting June, but have also been quoted 8 - 10 months.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Based on the feedback on this forum, the current lead time seems to be 6 - 9 months.

I collected my Edition 1 Quattro 50 today, having ordered it at the end of July, so a 19 week lead-time. It seems the semiconductor shortage will not peak until next year, so the 6 - 9 months could be even longer, unfortunately.

WK29 - Ordered
WK30 - Confirmed by Audi
WK35 - Target build WK37
WK37 - Confirmed build
WK45 - Build complete on way to port
WK46 - At UK port
WK48 - Collected from Audi
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Lee

Post by Lee »

Pleased to see some people getting their cars in around 20 weeks. There seems to be a point after July orders where this lead time has just increased due to demand.

I ordered mine in week 31 and was given Jan 14th 22 estimated delivery date at time of order which puts the total order at around 23 weeks if it happens.

I'm obviously not confident in this at the moment considering I haven't been contacted by pod point yet.

I'm trying to get more specific updates from the lease company VWFS but they are useless and just send generic updates with no detail of build dates etc which is frustrating. I'd prefer them to at least be honest if they have no information. It's a company car so I have to go through lease company unfortunately.

I've only ordered standard 40 S Line so maybe this helps with less chip components.
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Morning All,
Now the proud owner of a PodPoint charger. Unfortunately, no Q4 to plug into the thing.
I am not holding my breath !
Ordered August
Build week 41
No news………
Lee

Post by Lee »

As suspected just had an update from lease company and my delivery date is moved back from Jan to March 2022. So annoying tbh.

Anyway I'm going to try not to think about new cars and stop watching YouTube videos of the same car reviews over and over again now (until at least Feb!) :lol:

I hope everyone else gets better delivery times for your cars.