Current Expected delivery in NE Scotland: mid December

Ordered via SS lease (lex)

Deleted User 213

Post by Deleted User 213 »

Q4 50 Vorsprung, Typhoon Grey, Heat Pump

Order week: 26
Build Week: 37
Production Week: 37 and allegedly still in production, awaiting semiconductors
Delivery: Predicted mid to late October. Now? Who knows (certainly not Audi UK)!

(Cash buyer)
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Edition 1 CS & tech pack, adaptive suspension, heat pump, storage pack and 21" wheels

Ordered 6 July (build that week as was already on order)
Finished and at port 25 September
In UK 18 October
Delivery hopefully next week!
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

General spec - Vorsprung 40
Order week - 23/07
Production start week - F knows
Production end week - F knows
Ship date - F knows
Delivery date - EST Mid February 2022
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

@Q4 2021? Have you tried Audi UK by WhatsApp (+44 113 733 4311)? They usually give you the ‘planned build week’ and ‘actual build week’ in a nice mannered response, but not much more - but it’s at least something.

I’m of the hope that Audi would try to prioritise the higher value orders in some way (and to some extent that is relatively fair); so a Vorsprung would be a priority - but it ultimately depends upon the supply chain and what the Tier 1 suppliers (complete parts or sub-systems) can provide.

That is ultimately out of their hands, because the Tier 1 suppliers are reliant upon their Tier 2 suppliers (they provide the incoming parts, which in most cases will include circuit boards and integrated logic controllers; however they are then further reliant upon their Tier 3 suppliers, who in most cases design and perform some manufacture of chips, but who are also dependant upon Tier 4 suppliers who actually manufacture (or usually have their own supply chain that includes raw material procurement) the chips for their wafers.

Overall, it’s a mess for consumers - however the well established supply chain process for a major OEM means they do have visibility of incoming materials and products. They build to order using the ‘just in-time’ principle. Nothing has changed in that regard, so I believe Audi have a deliberate policy of ‘We don’t know’ - which is a fallacy, but which aligns with global rhetoric.

Audi’s lack of visibility or willingness to provide information is a clear strategy. Would you rather be told that your car was likely to be delivered 6 or 9 months late - at which point you may cancel; or be told that things were a mess globally and that they were trying as hard as they could, but couldn’t confirm a date.

Either way, my three year A5 is going up in value by £200 each week, with no corresponding increase in the price of my Q4.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

Yes I tried them but I’m afraid of the standard response it was due for build week 45 then 50 and now they ain’t sure
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

40 S Line C&S
Typhoon Grey
Heat pump
Flat top steering wheel

Ordered July
Build week 42
No info from dealer.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

40 S-line Comfort pack, matrix, all assistance tools, no heat pump or Sonos
Ordered mid July
Provisional build 25 October
Confirmed build 1 November
Est delivery late December

Pod point called today to arrange install.
Al.bull

Post by Al.bull »

Finally got told mine is built yesterday and waiting for a ship…

40 Edition 1, including Comfort & Sound, Technology and Safety Plus Packages… wireless phone charging still included
Ordered last week of June
Build Week 34 (16th August)
Est delivery end of November
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

In the meantime…..