Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Pwhaudi wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:12 pm
I was contacted by pod point on Friday, filled out the olez grant stuff on Monday, the pictures of the meter etc Tuesday, was called an hour later to see if they could fit it the next day. Was installed by end of the Wednesday.

If you're in Scotland, the fitter here has lots of empty slots, so won't be any delay getting fitted.

I had to pay £95 for 15m extra cable and an extra hour on the install. They had to pull it through a conduit to the garage as my meter was in the middle of the house, but luckily I still had the rope the builder put in, so was straightforward.

Just need the car so I can test it now! Roll on November... Or is it December ... Or 2022 ;)
You got very lucky with PodPoint. They've been nothing but a complete pain in the arse for me.

They were meant to come out today to fit mine after me having to spend a month and lots of money trying to get my groundworks and cable route sorted for them (they didn't even bother to come out and quote to do that "non standard work", so don't believe a thing on the website about them coming to quote if the works are not in their standard install) but just been told that the first job today is going to take the entire day so they can't come. I mean I don't know what to say because if you've been through the PodPoint application process then you'll know just how much evidence and photos you have to send them before they'll even look to schedule you in. So somebody somewhere hasn't done their job properly but you come to expect that with PodPoint.

Now got to wait over 2 weeks for the next appointment, fuming doesn't come close. At least my car isn't actually built yet not that they will ever be told that else I'll never end up getting an appointment. First world problems I know but being messed around as this will be my 3rd appointment re-schedule is irritating.

Sorry, rant over :D

Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

My 40 sline has a provisional build date at the end of October. How close to the build date should I expect the provisional build date to become a confirmed build date?
Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

Pwhaudi I ordered 40 sline start of June with provisional build date W/C 23th Oct (34 week I think) this turned to confirmed with around 4/5 weeks to go. Audi UK confirmed it went into build that week but unable to advise if it has come out of build yet. I think at the minute with the chip issues it’s abit of pot luck until it arrives in a UK port.

Prepare yourself for a long wait and hopefully it will arrive alittle sooner, the dealer put down on my paperwork expecting delivery end of Oct (worst case) so if your build is end of Oct I think you will be very lucky it get it in 2021.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

I ordered mine on August 23rd, I had a call today from slough Audi to say my provisional handover day is 07/01/22, build week 47 confirmed with factory, but with the Christmas period I very much doubt that will be the case :D
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Mines been pushed back further to ‘mid October’ from ‘early October’

Build week was 12th July. And it’s still stuck at the in build phase. Apparently still showing as having the full tech pack with wireless charging on it. So I’m wondering if it’s sat half finished for the microchips to turn up.

Got a nice charging point outside my house at least I suppose for when it does eventually turn up
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

Tom_1985 I ordered July 13th.aberdeen Audi has said I have a provisional build date of 'late October' and delivery date early December, but it surprises me that your build is confirmed as it's after my provisional.
I chased Aberdeen Audi this week and they said my build date was still provisional.

Not sure what's going with Audi. Fingers crossed that the fact the build date is still unconfirmed does not mean my delivery will be after yous :(
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Pwhaudi, my wife ordered an ID3 a month before me and she’s been told March :lol:

Just a hunch but mine is a company car, I work for Centrica and when I ordered the lady from hitachi said “another one” so I’m guessing it’s been very popular in our company,

So if I was a guessing man I would say slough Audi had a ton of build slots allocated as they supply a lot of fleet and lease orders.

I have absolutely 0 faith I’ll get it on 7th Jan lol
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Evening All. Given the situation with the used car market took the opportunity to realise the equity in the Mini Clubman and sink it into a Q4. Chose one from ordered stock - Newcastle Audi (40 in glacier white with C and S/ Tech Pack. Suppose to be build week 27 but it became very clear within 2 weeks that something was wrong. Build status refuses to move on. No word as yet from dealer. I’m hoping from my own investigation that it will be delivered mid October but pigs might fly. I’m am told that VAG are concentrating their production efforts on Audi and Porshe.
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

********STOP PRESS*********
Dealer rang today. Car has changed status to built and on-route to port. Looks like a mid to late(ish) October delivery.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Wow lucky, when was your build week? Ours is still substantially built (9th July!) but no clue when it will be done and Audi UK and the dealer can't give any more details...