Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Hey Tim6181,

I hope for you they aren't holding your car up for the chip because I don't think Audi are expecting any cars entering production for the next month or so to be fitted with them based on my order. Placed early July with build week 37 but been told today they've taken off the Phone Box option with wireless charger from my order and all orders going into production now (think this impacts all models).

Which suggests either they don't expect any chips for this feature in the short term or any little supply they do have is being used for cars already built. I hope for you it's the latter, will be interesting to hear when you finally get it what happened.

Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

AudiDoc wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:11 pm
Hey Tim6181,

I hope for you they aren't holding your car up for the chip because I don't think Audi are expecting any cars entering production for the next month or so to be fitted with them based on my order. Placed early July with build week 37 but been told today they've taken off the Phone Box option with wireless charger from my order and all orders going into production now (think this impacts all models).

Which suggests either they don't expect any chips for this feature in the short term or any little supply they do have is being used for cars already built. I hope for you it's the latter, will be interesting to hear when you finally get it what happened.
Thanks for the detail. I hope so too. Although it’s a minor thing in the scheme of things. I’d be a bit pissed to have the car for four years and still have to be plugging my phone in to charge. I was looking forward to wireless Charging and wireless CarPlay.

Unfortunately the only thing the dealer can see is the build week I was supposed to have and that it’s not been given a chassis number which going off their email is given when it’s released for shipping but may be wrong.

The lack of communication is probably the most frustrating. I know they’ve got big problems. I get it. I already have a car so it’s not like I’m walking places. Would just like to know the exact deal with it all
Qfour

Post by Qfour »

I just had a call with dealer. He told that there is no visibility when my car will be done at factory. I ordered Q4 50 19th of May and original production week was 30 (the last week in July). Wireless mobile charging we removed from configuration few weeks ago without visible result. I'm not expecting delivery before November at earliest when looking the orinal production and delivery schedule. Does not look good at all.
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Hey @Qfour,

Was an order in the UK? If so you may be able to get more information out of Audi directly via directly messaging them via the UK Twitter account. You will need your vehicle commission number which your dealer should be able to provide you.

Hopefully they can give you more info but it sounds like it was one of the cars part built and then parked because of lack of chips. I know they were having issues reconciling those orders correctly and some had been "lost" per say but they are aware of them and apparently meant to be working through them.
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

I tried the Audi UK Twitter account and did not get any reply. I had to contact the dealer in the end and they are being cautiously gauge.

At what point did you get contacted by pod point for the free installation ( I got mine installed this week and I am hoping that this was sign that my build date is now confirmed)?

We had an interesting dilemma... Our neighbors had also ordered a pod point. We have a shared drive so the chargers either have to go next to each other or at least near each other. The installer almost stopped my install as there is a risk of electric shock when two chargers or even cars are close to each other and the electricity supply is on different phases, and something in the charger or car goes wrong.

In the end it looks like we are on the same phase, but the DNO has to confirm before fitting my neighbors charger.

I just hope that we do not end up blocking their install!!
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

The pod point thing triggers when they get given a date from Audi that you have a build date confirmed.

It’s been a massive rigmarole getting them to install mine because it wasn’t totally straight forward but it’s going in next week.

My build week was 12th July. So shortly after this is when pod point contacted me. My car though is still not built. Assuming due to the wireless charging option I selected. From all I’ve read. I fully expect to get the car without wireless charging installed
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

@tim6181 that's interesting. My proposed build date was late October. The dealer is being purposely vague. Pod point contacted me last Friday and was installed Wednesday.

My car is sline 40 with c&s and tech pack and leather seats. So will have same issue with the wireless phone charger.

I might check with the dealer to see if build date is confirmed now.
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

My latest update from dealer is that when they get a chassis number this means it’s built and then the next stage is to get a delivery date, mine was due for build wc12/07 but still hasn’t got that chassis number so isn’t built. I’m only guessing its the wireless charger thats delaying it based on other chat online.

I’d be disappointed if it came out without it, but in the grand scheme of things if i had to lose one gizmo I’d choose that over stuff like the HUD and electric seats
aitchjaybee

Post by aitchjaybee »

Similar issue here. UK order of Q4 Ed1 c&s and heat pump in Navarro blue. Given build week 27 from dealer (1st week july), email from Audi UK on that day saying going into production, dealer confirmed build date set and anticipated delivery 1st week August...sold my Q7....then nothing. Since then a mix of radio silence and dealer saying no vin/chassis nimber means not finished. No chassis number according to my dealer stops pod-point fit (interesting to read others found a way round that). Latests news is its not just a shortage of chips but also a number of parts. Dealer says build weeks 25-30 all stuck, but should be front of queue when it restarts. I spoke to AudiUK today who simply said my car hasnt been built and not started production and said build week 27 was provisional, and status is 'delayed'.
Audi dealer showed me Audi system today that has bith provisoonal and confirmed bw27. Grrrr. Left hand/right hand.
its weeks away - but who knows if thats 6 or 52!. Plan on leaving it a couple if weeks to see iif it moves but if the delays continue i might well back out, cant go borrowing my sons little Up! forever.
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

I thought it was based on confirmed order for the pod point. Either way. My car hasn’t got a chassis number and pod point are installing next Friday

A month ago I thought the car would beat the charger so that’s one good thing I suppose.

I’ve been told a date of ‘early October’ for delivery. But the vagueness of that doesn’t fill me with confidence.

Fortunately it’s a company car for me. So I’m not without a car so waiting isn’t the end of the world. But I imagine it’s a right mess as the production end of Audi so I have some sympathy for the dealers and the factory for that matter. You can’t give someone a date for a car to be built if you don’t have a date on the parts you need to make it.