Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
ScottyQ4
Posts: 12
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by ScottyQ4 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Evening All. When you have waited this long for a delivery you are tempted to start your detective work. It’s now 3 weeks since the dealer reported that the car is now built and at the port of exit. Since then 2 ships have left Emden bound for the Tyne via Grimsby. The turnaround for these vessels is a matter of hours. Interesting that the ships are all owned by Nissan - city of st Petersburg and city of Rotterdam. My understanding is that VAG have palled up with Nissan to deliver VAG vehicles to both Grimsby and the Vag terminal at North Shields. It appears that when the drops are made at North Shields the ship is pushed across the Tyne to the Nissan car terminal at Jarrow for shipment back to Europe. The next ship to arrive on the Tyne is 13 October some 4 weeks stuck at the port of Emden

AudiDoc
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by AudiDoc » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:31 am

ScottyQ4 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:12 pm
Evening All. When you have waited this long for a delivery you are tempted to start your detective work. It’s now 3 weeks since the dealer reported that the car is now built and at the port of exit. Since then 2 ships have left Emden bound for the Tyne via Grimsby. The turnaround for these vessels is a matter of hours. Interesting that the ships are all owned by Nissan - city of st Petersburg and city of Rotterdam. My understanding is that VAG have palled up with Nissan to deliver VAG vehicles to both Grimsby and the Vag terminal at North Shields. It appears that when the drops are made at North Shields the ship is pushed across the Tyne to the Nissan car terminal at Jarrow for shipment back to Europe. The next ship to arrive on the Tyne is 13 October some 4 weeks stuck at the port of Emden
Impressive detective work! Is there an easy way to find out when these ships are scheduled to run? Just curious because my car has been stuck in production for almost 4 weeks now so when it finally does come out of build it would be great to then see when it is likely to hit our shores (port delays not withstanding of course).

Based on the next ship being the 13th, I highly doubt my car will make that one.

Edam77
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Edam77 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:39 am

ScottyQ4 wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:12 pm
Evening All. When you have waited this long for a delivery you are tempted to start your detective work. It’s now 3 weeks since the dealer reported that the car is now built and at the port of exit. Since then 2 ships have left Emden bound for the Tyne via Grimsby. The turnaround for these vessels is a matter of hours. Interesting that the ships are all owned by Nissan - city of st Petersburg and city of Rotterdam. My understanding is that VAG have palled up with Nissan to deliver VAG vehicles to both Grimsby and the Vag terminal at North Shields. It appears that when the drops are made at North Shields the ship is pushed across the Tyne to the Nissan car terminal at Jarrow for shipment back to Europe. The next ship to arrive on the Tyne is 13 October some 4 weeks stuck at the port of Emden
Haha glad I'm not the only one, I think they also use Highway boats which seem to go to Grimsby, hopefully our cars will be one soon!

Midlakelands
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Midlakelands » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:14 pm

Screenshot_20211007-171150_MarineTraffic.jpg

Well looks like there's another load of cars on the way :)

Midlakelands
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:09 pm

Post by Midlakelands » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:19 pm

For refernce I ordered a car for ireland which was the 40 advance spec with one or two extras including the infamous wireless phone kit (which also is no longer available in ireland) build was scheduled for the start of September and it arrived at the port on the 4th of October. From what I am hearing the supply chain issues are beginning to free up for cars being produced in the October period

Tim6181
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Tim6181 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:43 pm

Midlakelands wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:14 pm
Screenshot_20211007-171150_MarineTraffic.jpg

Well looks like there's another load of cars on the way :)
Fingers crossed it’s waiting for mine to get there before it sets sail.

JIY
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by JIY » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 pm

I'm very confused!

My dealer states that my car has not yet entered production (it was locked in build for week 37) because no VIN or chassis number has been allocated, however Audi UK stated on FB today that "we have checked your order and can see this is still showing as being in production, what this means is that your vehicle went into build on the week commencing the 13th September 2021, due to the supply issue and global shortage of semiconductors all manufactures have faced delays, you vehicle will be waiting for the Parts to arrive and the build to be completed. Please keep checking the status of this with us. Thank you".

Who to believe?

Edam77
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Edam77 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 pm

JIY wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 pm
I'm very confused!

My dealer states that my car has not yet entered production (it was locked in build for week 37) because no VIN or chassis number has been allocated, however Audi UK stated on FB today that "we have checked your order and can see this is still showing as being in production, what this means is that your vehicle went into build on the week commencing the 13th September 2021, due to the supply issue and global shortage of semiconductors all manufactures have faced delays, you vehicle will be waiting for the Parts to arrive and the build to be completed. Please keep checking the status of this with us. Thank you".

Who to believe?
So I think Audi UK it's built just waiting on a part, we got told the VIN is only released when it's fully completed and then could order the Podpoint (who have now been radio silent for a week...)

JIY
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:44 pm

Post by JIY » Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:32 pm

Edam77 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 pm
JIY wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 pm
I'm very confused!

My dealer states that my car has not yet entered production (it was locked in build for week 37) because no VIN or chassis number has been allocated, however Audi UK stated on FB today that "we have checked your order and can see this is still showing as being in production, what this means is that your vehicle went into build on the week commencing the 13th September 2021, due to the supply issue and global shortage of semiconductors all manufactures have faced delays, you vehicle will be waiting for the Parts to arrive and the build to be completed. Please keep checking the status of this with us. Thank you".

Who to believe?
So I think Audi UK it's built just waiting on a part, we got told the VIN is only released when it's fully completed and then could order the Podpoint (who have now been radio silent for a week...)



Thanks Edam77, I hope that's the case, beginning to think that I'll be lucky to see it by Christmas, the dealer expected me to have it by the end of October!

I had my PodPoint installed at the end of July, all went well but there were occasionally delayed replies to my emails. My Audi dealer didn't realise that free installation was available for the Q4, he thought it was only for the E-TRON, so I paid for the PodPoint myself (less grants).

AudiDoc
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:07 pm

Post by AudiDoc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:15 pm

JIY wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:32 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:54 pm
JIY wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:26 pm
I'm very confused!

My dealer states that my car has not yet entered production (it was locked in build for week 37) because no VIN or chassis number has been allocated, however Audi UK stated on FB today that "we have checked your order and can see this is still showing as being in production, what this means is that your vehicle went into build on the week commencing the 13th September 2021, due to the supply issue and global shortage of semiconductors all manufactures have faced delays, you vehicle will be waiting for the Parts to arrive and the build to be completed. Please keep checking the status of this with us. Thank you".

Who to believe?
So I think Audi UK it's built just waiting on a part, we got told the VIN is only released when it's fully completed and then could order the Podpoint (who have now been radio silent for a week...)



Thanks Edam77, I hope that's the case, beginning to think that I'll be lucky to see it by Christmas, the dealer expected me to have it by the end of October!

I had my PodPoint installed at the end of July, all went well but there were occasionally delayed replies to my emails. My Audi dealer didn't realise that free installation was available for the Q4, he thought it was only for the E-TRON, so I paid for the PodPoint myself (less grants).
JIY I'm in exactly the same boat. Build week confirmed week 37, every week since I've has the same update, build not complete, no VIN and no idea when it will be finished...

So it's really hard to tell where the car is in the build process as you don't seem to get any interim updates until after it's complete from what I've read in forums. Get the same usless weekly updates my Audi dealer and Audi UK.

But your right, if we're lucky we might get it before XMAS. In terms of PodPoint, they are great if your install is easy and standard. Show them a path or anything between your meter and the charge point location, they run a mile until you do all the work for them and their contract can just plug it in.... sorry had a bad experience with them but all done. Strange your dealer is making you wait for a VIN.

Let's hope something happens next week :D

Post Reply