Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

If you look on Audi website they were showing a new Edition 1 model available at Hereford Audi.

Austin_Yeahbaby

Post by Austin_Yeahbaby »

It’s. Personal choice but we cancelled our Q4 40 edition1 order today and went with the model Y

The AWS as standard,, heated rear seats, heated steering wheel, panoramic sunroof and app that works and getting one in next 3 months is just too compelling than hold out for a dark that keeps getting delayed.

Best of luck to those holding out 👍
Tony

Post by Tony »

Understandable! Three months is pretty good, and the tech in the Model Y will be impressive!
Lee

Post by Lee »

I cant blame anyone for cancelling in the circumstances. I think this post should be re-named "Lack of Delivery Timescales"

Oh well things can be a lot worse considering the current issues in Europe, waiting for a new car just seems so trivial now compared to whats going on. I feel very fortunate to be in the position im in just waiting for a brand new car to be delivered in the first place.
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

I’m seriously considering pulling the plug also. Just had another email, and my build week again is put back from w26 to w33. Polestar and Tesla are on far quicker times and I’ve honestly lost any confidence of getting the q4 in 2022!
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Tony

Post by Tony »

Wills78 wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:15 pm
I’m seriously considering pulling the plug also. Just had another email, and my build week again is put back from w26 to w33. Polestar and Tesla are on far quicker times and I’ve honestly lost any confidence of getting the q4 in 2022!

I'm guessing part of the problem is that it's a brand new model so it's not like they have an abundance of cars available.

I was looking at the Polestar site a few weeks ago and they had a lot of cars in stock, if you're not too bothered about the colour or the exact spec you can get one within 2 to 3 months.

Benefit of having a platform that's been around a few years.
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

I guess it boils down to…are you in a position to be able to wait and cope with further delays, and if so, do you want the car enough to put up with the wait . Me personally I am happy to wait, I think the car looks terrific, and ticks all the boxes, although appreciate there are some annoying aspects at the moment, particularly the app. But in all honesty, that is not enough to put me off, and look elsewhere. If I was to look, what is there.
I pace - too expensive to buy and run for my budget.
X3i - as above
Volvo - Again a lot of money for either C40 or XC40, too much reliance on touch screen. I currently have an XC40 and have also had warranty issues, whose department are rubbish.
Polestar - obviously same as Volvo regards touchscreen, and not an SUV.
Tesla - I know tech is brilliant, but not sure on build quality, even more reliance on touchscreen, even down to adjusting wiper speed and exterior mirror angle. Lastly, sorry Tesla fans, but I think the Y model looks weird.
Hyundai & Kia - I admit it, I prefer the Audi badge to either ( what a snob). That said, neither are cheap, and again whilst Audi build quality is not what it was, I still think they are screwed together better. EV6 also looks weird at the back.
These are all personal observations, and am sure plenty of owners of these vehicles are delighted with them, and don’t like the Q4! I hope all have years of enjoyment, if driving or about to get one of the alternatives I mentioned.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Citizen wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:20 pm
Lastly, sorry Tesla fans, but I think the Y model looks weird.

I have to agree with the Y!

Saw one today, it looks so tall but the massive windshield let's you see inside so much. Not sure what the spec was but the wheels seemed so small in relation to the body.

I think Audi have the best modern SUV look for sure, had my Q4 for 6 months now and app issues aside (it's crap) the car is amazing.
Cobylu

Post by Cobylu »

Ordered in Jan through ALD with work and told i had a Nov delivery date after initially told Jan 23. Got confirmation from Audi fleet. Checked today and now it has been “reverted back”. Asked what this meant and they now say no date. Estimate or otherwise. Asking my fleet manager if i can change as i would at least like to know what year im getting something. Seriously considering the xc40 or going off piste a little and going for the Polestar. Anyone else hear of this and having the week go altogether?