Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
JamesM

Post by JamesM »

Just updating with my situation in case it helps others with their decision making. Nothing surprising here for many of us:

Ordered Vorsprung 40 (no extras) on 01/09/21
Build week estimates have been: 1,4,10,18 and now “unknown”.

Ordered via Arval who now give “30/09/22” as the estimated delivery. I expect at least 2 more 4-8 week delays so whilst I’m hoping for “this year”, it’s going to be 18 months minimum from ordering to receipt.

Based on what I’ve read on here, and heard from others, expect 18 months for Vorsprungs and 9-12 months for other models but that’s heavily dependant on any “chip-hungry” extras.

Mat wike

Post by Mat wike »

Ordered Quattro 50 , Towbar ,Tech pack , Comfort and sound pack July 21 ……. Delivery given Feb 22 , then March 22 no ETA as yet . Apparently delivery is Early March 22 from the last communication beginning of March . Looking to cancel as it’s a lease vehicle and they cannot get any ideas from Audi …..
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Wayne B

Post by Wayne B »

Collected today from Aberdeen Audi
Ordered in August
Very pleased so far

IMG_1931.jpeg

tipptop

Post by tipptop »

looks like mid april before production restarts and then on a reduced scale - https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/ ... -shortages
Citizen

Post by Citizen »

Thanks for link Tipptop. Can you believe the bravery and determination of the Ukrainian people, as per below extract from the article!

Leoni is ramping up production of wire harnesses at its two plants in Ukraine -- with workers operating under a nighttime curfew and the risk of rocket attacks.
tipptop

Post by tipptop »

Citizen wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:55 pm
Thanks for link Tipptop. Can you believe the bravery and determination of the Ukrainian people, as per below extract from the article!

Leoni is ramping up production of wire harnesses at its two plants in Ukraine -- with workers operating under a nighttime curfew and the risk of rocket attacks.
These guys are showing unbelievable levels of bravery and commitment.
tipptop

Post by tipptop »

Citizen wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:20 pm
I guess it boils down to…are you in a position to be able to wait and cope with further delays, and if so, do you want the car enough to put up with the wait . Me personally I am happy to wait, I think the car looks terrific, and ticks all the boxes, although appreciate there are some annoying aspects at the moment, particularly the app. But in all honesty, that is not enough to put me off, and look elsewhere. If I was to look, what is there.
I pace - too expensive to buy and run for my budget.
X3i - as above
Volvo - Again a lot of money for either C40 or XC40, too much reliance on touch screen. I currently have an XC40 and have also had warranty issues, whose department are rubbish.
Polestar - obviously same as Volvo regards touchscreen, and not an SUV.
Tesla - I know tech is brilliant, but not sure on build quality, even more reliance on touchscreen, even down to adjusting wiper speed and exterior mirror angle. Lastly, sorry Tesla fans, but I think the Y model looks weird.
Hyundai & Kia - I admit it, I prefer the Audi badge to either ( what a snob). That said, neither are cheap, and again whilst Audi build quality is not what it was, I still think they are screwed together better. EV6 also looks weird at the back.
These are all personal observations, and am sure plenty of owners of these vehicles are delighted with them, and don’t like the Q4! I hope all have years of enjoyment, if driving or about to get one of the alternatives I mentioned.
my neighbour is a car journalist and over the last 6 months he has had just about all the cars mentioned, with his current test vehicle being the KIA. I have to say that the Q4 is by far the best looking car.... so i am happy to keep on waiting., Audi have agreed to allow me to keep my vehicle as long as it takes for them to deliver the Q4 sportsback
Murchison 2003

Post by Murchison 2003 »

I too received an email last Saturday saying I had a further delay. After ordering in September with original delivery in February, my build dates went to week 16, 22, 28 and now week 44, it’s trivial compared to what’s happening in the world just now. However I happened to come upon a launch edition model, very similar to the edition 1 I have on order on the internet last Sunday so managed to secure that. Took it home on Friday which was a 530 mile drive. If anyone is interested how it performed here goes. I had the route planned, my first stop was 60 miles early due to being held at a standstill for an hour due to an accident so the bladder wouldn’t hold out for another hour so stopped at a service station where I came across a fast charger. So plugged it in, there was 50% battery left so while I went to the toilet, had a subway, looked at the app after about 20 mins she was back at 96%. So continued on to my next stop which now is shorter than the original planned stop, charged to 80% as I would now require another short blast to get me home further on. From there everything went to plan. On performance, the first 85 miles I travelled on an A class road, 40 miles of range came off. On the motorway at a steady 70 mph, for every 1 mile of range I got .7 of a mile in daylight, in the hours of darkness this fell to .6. Cost wise, I had 60 miles of range left at the end of the journey with the charging costing £34 in total. Hope this helps anyones decision to wait or cancel. Personally I will keep my order and possibly take delivery and sell this one. Even though I paid more for this one than my current order, I’m hoping it will hold it’s value but only time and demand will tell.
Tony

Post by Tony »

That's a great plan, sure someone on here will want to buy it off you!