Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

Ordered a Vorsprung late July with a “forecasted” build date of late November and delivery of January 2022, only one smart key to be issued at time of delivery and another issued once the shorted have eased. Seems like along wait after reading through on here looks like a few in the same boat

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

I thought I was lucky as ordered 1st Edition with extras that met our spec in early July with build that week (build email on 9 July) and delivery first week of August, now being told early October as waiting on one part. Been told after lots of chasing I can't get the pod point installed untill it's fully completed, when I said I was worried that the car would arrive befor the charger was told it's ok as comes with a 3-pin plug...not very helpful!
matta

Post by matta »

Edam77 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:55 am
I thought I was lucky as ordered 1st Edition with extras that met our spec in early July with build that week (build email on 9 July) and delivery first week of August, now being told early October as waiting on one part. Been told after lots of chasing I can't get the pod point installed untill it's fully completed, when I said I was worried that the car would arrive befor the charger was told it's ok as comes with a 3-pin plug...not very helpful!
Think I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, got build email on 30th June for an Edition 1 40 with Tech and Comfort packs. Dealer still hoping for a late September delivery. Can't place order for PodPoint at this point, slightly annoying as worried car will arrive before charger.
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Matta wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:43 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:55 am
Think I'm a couple of weeks ahead of you, got build email on 30th June for an Edition 1 40 with Tech and Comfort packs. Dealer still hoping for a late September delivery. Can't place order for PodPoint at this point, slightly annoying as worried car will arrive before charger.
This does seem strange to me because I placed an order as well early July but my dealer was able to process the PodPoint order almost immediately and thankfully they did because as I later discovered a few weeks later that PodPoint are useless when it comes to anything above and beyond a "standard install". Having had to sort out my non-standard works myself which took 4 weeks, they have now agreed to come out to install it in a few weeks time.

The initial process however was all started by simply having the order number and the dealer doing the necessary paperwork on their side to kick-off the order with PodPoint. My car is not due into build until 13th September so I would strongly suggest you perhaps contact Audi directly to get them to talk to your dealer about it to move things along because not having the car VIN or in build should not stop the PodPoint install process from starting. Of course if you end up cancelling your order before delivery but got the PodPoint installed already you would end up being liable for the full PodPoint install cost.

I also think its worth pursuing because if it turns out your PodPoint install isn't standard (like mine), it could easily add weeks onto your potential PodPoint install date.

Hope that makes some sense :D
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

I had this RE pod point

- Podpoint won’t make contact until the chassis number has been assigned to the order, this may take a number of weeks/months depending on order and spec.
- Podpoint Will contact you directly- no further action is required from yourself.
- if you have a confirmed delivery date from Audi and you are yet to hear from Podpoint please respond to us.
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Q4 2021? wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:00 pm
I had this RE pod point

- Podpoint won’t make contact until the chassis number has been assigned to the order, this may take a number of weeks/months depending on order and spec.
- Podpoint Will contact you directly- no further action is required from yourself.
- if you have a confirmed delivery date from Audi and you are yet to hear from Podpoint please respond to us.
Interesting, was that directly from Audi or the dealer? It simply wasn't the case for me as I still don't have the VIN number but PodPoint are coming in a few weeks, so something isn't right for you. Seems different dealers are following different processes in regards to PodPoint....
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

That was from the dealer at Oldham Audi, looks like to be the case, don’t fill me with confidence that they will contact me mind
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

I ordered early June. Build week was scheduled for 12th July.

Pod point contacted me a week after the order was placed. I’ve had to dance around getting approval for my slightly non standard install but they are installing on Friday.

I originally had a delivery date of 1st September. Moved back to mid September and now early October.

Pod point for me certainly didn’t need the car to be built to get in touch. That bit was really straight forward.

Don’t think it’s true they need to wait for it to be built to get cracking. I think what they need is a confirmation of when it’ll be built. Or at least that’s how it was with me

First bit of contacting is you have to fill in all the OLEZ grant stuff. When all that’s done it goes to their scheduling team for the install. This is where it can drag on if you’re not having something really simple done.
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Don’t hold your breath if you are expecting a scheduled charge via PodPoint - the car simply does not recognise that feature at the moment.
It’s something that wouldn’t be important if the Q4 was capable of charge scheduling but of course that won’t happen until Audi get their act together
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

I was contacted by pod point on Friday, filled out the olez grant stuff on Monday, the pictures of the meter etc Tuesday, was called an hour later to see if they could fit it the next day. Was installed by end of the Wednesday.

If you're in Scotland, the fitter here has lots of empty slots, so won't be any delay getting fitted.

I had to pay £95 for 15m extra cable and an extra hour on the install. They had to pull it through a conduit to the garage as my meter was in the middle of the house, but luckily I still had the rope the builder put in, so was straightforward.

Just need the car so I can test it now! Roll on November... Or is it December ... Or 2022 ;)