Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

Signed up to this forum to moan/share delivery woes 😂

Ordered ours in July. Was due in September. Is in production (apparently) but no word on movement.

We have the free pod installation scheduled for December the 2nd. That's supposed to be done before we get the car so I'm guessing December/January now?

So some 6-7 months. Maybe?

Edit -
General spec - Q4, 40, S-Line C&S, and Leather Seats
Order week - 27
Production start week - 36
Production end week - 40 (estimated), TBC
Ship date - TBC
Delivery date - TBC
Last edited by Tony on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Tim6181 wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:33 pm
The pod point thing triggers when they get given a date from Audi that you have a build date confirmed.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but my dealer contacted me a few weeks ago to say that Audi has changed how Pod Points are done now - it was based on getting a VIN and having a car that was almost ready, but now it's just based on the order number (we can see where this is going).

I think Audi are starting to realise that their inability to keep customers informed of where their cars are is starting to really irritate customers, so this is perhaps a "Hey it's ok, it's getting there, here have a free pod point".

Personally, I see this as just another way of locking us into an order (Pod Point will only install if you agree to have an EV for at least 6 months).
thisisjonathan

Post by thisisjonathan »

Hello Audi Q4 fans

I am sitting in a position where I want to place an order for the Q4. Its a company car and the tax deduction being under 60K in Germany makes it really reasonable

The salesman is well decent and telling me, look at the second half of 2022 :?

If you guys had a chance would you do this again if you make another choice?

BMW iX3 is available (it goes over 60K so its more tax monthly but the car will be available March 2022 / Much prefer the look and styling of the Q4 but from the sounds of it here, i really dont want to sit for a year and just get P*** off!
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

thisisjonathan wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Hello Audi Q4 fans

I am sitting in a position where I want to place an order for the Q4. Its a company car and the tax deduction being under 60K in Germany makes it really reasonable

BMW iX3 is available (it goes over 60K so its more tax monthly but the car will be available March 2022 / Much prefer the look and styling of the Q4 but from the sounds of it here, i really dont want to sit for a year and just get P*** off!
I'm only a day into ownership and I'm perfectly happy with the choice. I think the IX3 is a lot plusher inside and has a lot more standard equipment if you can get the premier plus edition (at least in the UK, not sure of the German specs) but I think it is hamstrung by being an electrified version of a ICE car, so you don't get any benefits of more interior space which you do on the Q4 which has a lot of interior space without being a very big car on the outside.

Also, by late 2022 they may have sorted all the crap with myAudi out which is the only thing about the Q4 that's annoying working out how to get someone to set me up as the key user
Tony

Post by Tony »

Tim6181 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:40 pm
I'm only a day into ownership and I'm perfectly happy with the choice.

Congrats! How long did you have to wait, in particular after your Pod Point was installed?
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Tony wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:18 pm
Tim6181 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:40 pm
I'm only a day into ownership and I'm perfectly happy with the choice.

Congrats! How long did you have to wait, in particular after your Pod Point was installed?
Ordered early June. Build started mid July. Finished early October. Then took about three weeks from build completion to it turning up at dealer.

Had the pod point installed since September I think. As original delivery date was supposed to be early September before all the delays
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

thisisjonathan wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 4:18 pm
Hello Audi Q4 fans

I'm a week into ownership and it's a lovely car to drive, and worth the wait. Finally getting my Podpoint installed tomorrow so will be able to charge properly
Tony

Post by Tony »

Edam77 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm
I'm a week into ownership and it's a lovely car to drive, and worth the wait. Finally getting my Podpoint installed tomorrow so will be able to charge properly

How long did you have to wait? When did you order?
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Dear Audi,
Vorteil ohne Technik…..
Underwhelmed
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Tony wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:43 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:20 pm

How long did you have to wait? When did you order?
You’ll be waiting a while bud,

I ordered early august, still have no build date, and my delivery time is going up by roughly a month a week at the moment, was Jan, then Feb, now April.