Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

ptsgray wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:11 pm
I am wee bit annoyed that I has ordered Audi Q4 e Tron 40, Edition 1 on 13th of July with Comfort Sound, tech and blind spot, they gave me estimate the delivery was 31st of October, the dealer contact that the Audi has slot for build date as first week of December so today I received e mail from my dealer to informed me that the slot of build date has push forward to middle of January and might be delivery to the dealer in middle of February !!!
im disappointed with it they can fix the date and kept changing however I understand due the chip shortage and I have been checking others car manufactures are the same problems.
So im hoping that is the final date slot as middle of January and no more changing!
I ordered the same day as you... Last update was build week 49, deliver mid Jan. I can only guess that my next update will push it to mid Feb :(

Lease company seems to update a couple of weeks after a change.

Raptor69

Post by Raptor69 »

Just signed up to the forum, I ordered a Q4 50 Edition 1 Quattro a month ago and at the time was informed March 22 delivery, but dealer unable to confirm a build date yet. 🤷
Tony

Post by Tony »

If it's any consolation dealers generally know nothing, in terms of where the actual car is. They can estimate but it's sadly out of their hands. Prepare for the worst but hope for the best.
Rich S

Post by Rich S »

The dealers are totally in the dark…….

Tuesday- text msg from Audi UK - your car is now on the production line - your dealer will be on touch
Wednesday - call from the dealer - we have no update, build week still showing as overdue - mention text from Audi UK - dealer asks for a screenshot

Have given up chasing now - it will turn up when it turns up
40 S Line with lots of options
elmdm

Post by elmdm »

I got a call this morning that my July order for a Edition 1 40 had slipped from a start week 46 build to a start of week 50 with estimated delivery late Feb/Mar.
Moonpig

Post by Moonpig »

I ordered a q4 sport back in august and have a delivery estimate of December. I’m guessing that will be pushed back from reading this forum!
Deleted User 213

Post by Deleted User 213 »

Just heard from my dealer, my Q4 50 Vosrpung (Typhoon Grey) with heat pump which was ordered on 28th June and had locked in build for week 37 is now built and at Emden awaiting shipping to the UK.
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

By pure chance I went to the Audi dealer to have a look at the Q4 and convince myself I wasn't going to get one as assumed there wouldn't be any available for a long time.

Dealer confirmed they were expecting delivery next June. When I asked about Sportback he said same however he asked me to wait a minute, came back from office and said they have a cancelled order, currently on boat. I pick it up tomorrow. Cant believe how lucky I was, its got the same spec as i would have ordered even down to colour. Seems like fate :-)

Might be worth telling your dealer you are interested in any cancellations if you are flexible on spec etc.
Edwin52

Post by Edwin52 »

Good for you. I've been quoted 8 to 10 months.
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Rich S wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:24 pm
The dealers are totally in the dark…….

Tuesday- text msg from Audi UK - your car is now on the production line - your dealer will be on touch
Wednesday - call from the dealer - we have no update, build week still showing as overdue - mention text from Audi UK - dealer asks for a screenshot

Have given up chasing now - it will turn up when it turns up
40 S Line with lots of options
Hi Rich,

How did you get the info from Audi UK please? I have been trying to get something but….
Thanks,
Tim