Delivery timescales

All Audi Q4 related discussions
lwalters555

Post by lwalters555 »

Wills78 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:50 am
Ordered start nov 21, was given a build week 3, but on returning after Christmas break , build week revised to week 19. Honestly considering cutting ties and looking elsewhere. Also having issues with installation from pod point, unwilling to fix to a timber fence post bolted into concrete pad, however are happy if I remove the timber post and bolt in one of their free standing metal posts to same pad foundation at £750! Fail to see why one is regarded as not permanent structure while the metal one is ok!!
This is another example of Audi's crap planning, I was told week build 7 then it went to week build 15 so im looking at may un;ess anymore changes occur, I hiope you get your fence and installatin sorted coz thats a rip off.

lwalters555

Post by lwalters555 »

Lee wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:39 pm
Im pleased to hear your car is early, I ordered mine also first week of August with original est delivery 14th Jan but then got told its being delayed to Apr 2022, however you never know maybe it will just turn up randomly early like yours (although im not realistically expecting that to happen). I only ordered S Line 40 SUV, with minimal options apart from paint and graphite wheels so I have been hoping this might be delivered to resonable timescale based on principle of less chips required etc.
Fingers crosssed for you pal.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Wills78 wrote:
Ordered start nov 21, was given a build week 3, but on returning after Christmas break , build week revised to week 19. Honestly considering cutting ties and looking elsewhere. Also having issues with installation from pod point, unwilling to fix to a timber fence post bolted into concrete pad, however are happy if I remove the timber post and bolt in one of their free standing metal posts to same pad foundation at £750! Fail to see why one is regarded as not permanent structure while the metal one is ok!!

You think that’s bad !!

I ordered 4th Aug 2021, my build week is 42, mid October 2022
Wills78

Post by Wills78 »

Tom_1985 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:08 pm
[quote=Wills78 post_id=1406 time=<a href="tel:1642672209">1642672209</a> user_id=352]

You think that’s bad !!

[/quote]
Tom_1985 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:08 pm
Wills78 wrote:

You think that’s bad !!

That’s ridiculous ! When I ordered with Audi the quoted delivery time was one of the selling points, other marques quoted what now seems realistic delivery times, whereas Audi quoted false delivery times it seems. Purposely built a fairly standard spec to try and avoid delays due to added extras!
Olijay

Post by Olijay »

lwalters555 wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:24 am
Olijay wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 pm
lwalters555 wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:18 pm

Wow thats amazing, What model is it?...i have also gone for the pebble grey.
It's the standard shape. It's getting delivered next Wednesday can't wait...not sure why they said it wasn't coming until May.
yeah I sometimes think Audi doesnt know what the right hand is doing from the left, im interested to see the pebble grey if you can post some pics when you take delivery of it please?
I was going to say the same thing myself just glad I'll be getting it soon after a 7 month wait. I'll post some pics on Wednesday. Not seen one in pebble grey in the flesh yet.
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

Hi All,

New to the forum here. Been watching this topic for the last few months as I have now got a q4 on order through my company. Estimated delivery date is 02/11/2022!!

Hopefully I get priority on my pod point before the grant expires. Does anyone know how to chase this with them?

Additionally, how have people been getting updates on their build dates etc? Is it emails from the dealer or through another channel?
Tony

Post by Tony »

Mostly dealers sadly, but be prepared for them knowing nothing for ages. They only know where the car is when it's been given a VIN and Audi will only give a car a VIN at a certain point in the cars production. On the plus side Audi changed the way the PodPoint installs work now (it used to be based on the VIN but now you just need the order number) so at least you'll get that quickly!
CFC1969

Post by CFC1969 »

Hi All
I'm new to this forum. I ordered a Black Sportback S-line in September as a cash buyer from an Audi main dealer in Essex. I was quoted 6 months delivery and I've a build week 7 so fingers crossed its not pushed back again.
Tony
I asked my dealer about the pod point install and he said its out of his hands, just waiting on pod point. I have an order number so could I just call Pod point and cut out the dealer? Or would I need them to get the discount etc? Any idea?
Tony

Post by Tony »

I think I got an email from PodPoint that had a unique URL which applied the Audi discount to my order, I could check my emails but pretty sure that's what happened.

You could contact PodPoint maybe, see if they can help. The dealer won't know much more sadly.
thebb

Post by thebb »

CFC1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:42 am
Hi All
I'm new to this forum. I ordered a Black Sportback S-line in September as a cash buyer from an Audi main dealer in Essex. I was quoted 6 months delivery and I've a build week 7 so fingers crossed its not pushed back again.
Tony
I asked my dealer about the pod point install and he said its out of his hands, just waiting on pod point. I have an order number so could I just call Pod point and cut out the dealer? Or would I need them to get the discount etc? Any idea?
I’d check with them again as I’m an Audi Essex client and they were advised before Christmas to get on with the PodPoint orders because of the end of the grant. Mine is on order via a lease company, but don’t think that should make a difference.

I had got excited about being contacted by PodPoint because Audi had told me that would not happen until they had a VIN number - they don’t have a VIN number and my delivery is now April ‘22 having ordered August ‘21 :(