Is tech pack worth it?

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Orothon

Post by Orothon »

Hi all,

Been given the go-ahead by my boss to get a Q4 so just trying to spec it up to get a cost and undecided if the tech pack is worth it. So far as I can see, one of the main components I'd be paying for is the cockpit plus but apart from an e-tron 'design', I can't see what the plus version gives me over the standard? Is there any other difference?

Although the heads up display is nice, pretty much all our driving will be local so the sat nav is unlikely to get used much so the HUD seems as though it might not be of much use.

The USB rear chargers and dual bluetooth connections would be useful but I can't see any option to add those separately.

Hoping to get some people's thoughts :)

Salmonfisher

Post by Salmonfisher »

Must say I agree with you. The comfort and sound package is a must but unless you really want HUD I wouldn’t bother. My test drive had HUD and I hated for first half hour but then got used to it and saw the advantage but not enough to add pack
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Think this is the full list:

---------------
Augmented reality head-up display
Compared to the conventional head-up display, the Augmented reality head-up display area is expanded to include a larger image and greater image separation, creating the impression that the content displayed blends with the real surroundings. This makes for an even more intuitive display of information. In addition to the customary content of the head-up display such as speed, the augmented reality head-up display projects other information and warnings relevant to the driver onto the windscreen on request. Content comes from the Navigation system as well as from optional equipment such as assist systems. The virtual image with depth appears directly in the driver’s field of view. The augmented reality display can be activated and deactivated separately. The position of the height adjustable display can be tailored to the driver.

Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus
Audi virtual cockpit plus is a fully digital instrument cluster that flexibly displays relevant information as required. The 10.25-inch display has a high resolution. Depending on the driver’s needs, this can show the vehicle speed, power utilisation, remaining range, map display, radio and media information such as track playing time or album covers, telephone including additional contact picture for incoming and outgoing calls and much more besides. The VIEW button on the multifunction steering wheel provides a quick and intuitive way for you to switch between two differently sized dial displays. In the progressive view, the display with small instruments allows the graphics of the on-board computer and MMI content to be shown clearly on a large area. In addition to the familiar instrument display in “classic” or “sport” design, the display option “e-tron” is also available

Audi Phone Box
Audi Phone Box with wireless charging - Audi Phone Box provides 2 Bluetooth connections, allowing 2 mobile phones to be connected to the vehicle simultaneously whilst improving reception quality with LTE support. Wireless charging is available by placing the phone in the universal smartphone tray (with Qi-enabled compatible phones)** or the phone can be charged via a USB port

12V socket and 2 x USB-C connections in the rear
12V socket and 2 x USB-C connections for charging devices

---------------

Got to agree with you both, the features sound nice but in reality will they be used as much and worth the £1200 price?!
NB207

Post by NB207 »

Just received our q4 40 sline with tech pack. Should the car have a light bar at the rear. Ours just has normal lights either side?
Q4Guy

Post by Q4Guy »

Hi NB207

The lightbar at the rear is part of the Matrix LED package in the UK:

Audi Matrix LED technology provides precise, high-resolution illumination of the road. Dazzling for oncoming vehicles or vehicles in front can be considerably reduced as a result. If vehicles are detected by the camera system, the system selectively masks just the area of the detected vehicle while all other segments of the main beam remain active. The illumination of the vehicle’s path is significantly better than that of LED headlights, improving safety and comfort when driving in the dark. Indicator, brake, tail, reversing and rear number plate lights with LED technology are visible hallmarks at the rear thanks to their striking light signature. A visual design highlight is the illuminated light strip in the rear that connects the rear lights. Playing out across the entire light strip, the dynamic light sequencing of the coming home/leaving home function. There is a choice of four different digital light signatures that can be activated via the MMI at any time when stationary. One light signature is already provided as standard. The dynamic light sequencing of the coming home/leaving home function is adjusted to match the selected light signature.