Wireless phone box gone

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Sanj

Post by Sanj »

Hi

Has anyone else notice that on existing orders their option for wireless charging has been replaced by simple Bluetooth interface? Spoke to dealer this morning and he seemed oblivious to this - but later acknowledged it and offered a charging cable as goodwill :shock: :shock: on a 70k car…

Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

Hi,

Yes that’s correct due to the chip shortage, I agree it’s ridiculous on a car priced at what’s its priced as.

I was under impression that the charging cable came with the car anyway? So not sure if that’s a compensation
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Sanj wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:38 am
Hi

Has anyone else notice that on existing orders their option for wireless charging has been replaced by simple Bluetooth interface? Spoke to dealer this morning and he seemed oblivious to this - but later acknowledged it and offered a charging cable as goodwill :shock: :shock: on a 70k car…
Hey Sanj,

Just curious to know how you found out about it, do you have access to check your order?

I only found the same had been done to me by asking Audi directly via Twitter and then my dealer called to confirm the same. I have been offered cash compensation but its not much although I am not that bothered about it to be honest as the one in my Q5 now is crap anyway :lol:
Sanj

Post by Sanj »

I read it on another forum, and checked with the dealer this morning. It’s a joke really. Total lack of communication with them. Still haven’t heard anything re podpoint, with build week 47 for fully spec’d vorsprung 50. Not that far off.
SQ8Vorsprung

Post by SQ8Vorsprung »

Wow, I've got the same on order since 9th July. No updates / comms...etc... hey if they carry on de-speccing the car we'll end up with a S-line 35 2-wheel drive on steel wheels :-) . When did you order yours out of interest to get WK47 build?
thanks
Steve
Sanj

Post by Sanj »

Start of July , but they had holding deposit way before that. This is for the sportback

Also any idea if the 360 cam will be avail as aftermarket add on once they get their chips back in stock?
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Sanj wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:03 am
Start of July , but they had holding deposit way before that. This is for the sportback

Also any idea if the 360 cam will be avail as aftermarket add on once they get their chips back in stock?
I asked about that a month ago as they were mentioned in the press release but never added as part of any trim or optional extra. So it seems they never intended to add the feature on and as you say with the chip shortage it will be a very long time before they could be added back.

In terms of retro fitting them aftermarket, I was told categorically that the wireless phonebox functionality cannot be so I'd highly doubt the more sophisticated 360 cameras will be either but just my view, no official word on that.