Q4 new owners

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

Topic aimed at the lucky people who have had their Q4 delivered,

Questions
what have you been pleasantly surprised about with your Q4? (performance/range/tech/boot space etc)
Any hacks or tips you have learnt about your car since owning?
Any difficulties you have had?
Any longer journeys you have done so far? (Charging speed/range with full load)

TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

I’m in the UK had my Q4 40 for nearly a month now, my first EV and I’m very happy so far.

I have to say it’s just a lovely place to be on the commute, very comfortable and a relaxing drive. There’s enough power to move you along without fuss and I’m getting around 200 miles with 80% charge (mostly motorways), would extend to 250+ if just town driving. No complaints at all with range, takes about 5hrs to charge 30-80% on my home Pod Point (by the way they are not the easiest to deal with!).

When I first got the car I was a little underwhelmed by the Sonos sound system however, with a bit of fine turning and (because it supports high bitrate Bluetooth) using Amazon Music HD I now think it’s probably the best car stereo if had in a car, much better than the Harmon/Kardon in my previous BMW. I like the way the wireless phone charger is vertical so doesn’t take up room on the centre console! Air con is very chilly, dual leather seats are comfortable and there is a massive amount of room in the back!

AR HUD is great and the matrix LEDs are very good at night!

Most frustrating bit so far is not being able to set up personal profiles and limited connected services, these are due to be updated in November but it appears Audi released the car but the software wasn’t quite ready! Other slightly annoying thing is the auto hold can be a little over sensitive when manoeuvring, you find it applies the breaks when you creep slowly forward and backwards sometimes.

Overall a great car, looks excellent, drives well and a good buy!
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

Thanks great insight
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Sarge - have you used scheduled charging via the PodPoint app?
Each time I’ve tried the charge starts then trips the PodPoint - strangely if I just plug in and go I have no problems whatsoever.
On the thread topic - I’m delighted with the car - I loved my Jaguar F Pace but this takes things to another level
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

I haven’t yet but will give it a go and let you know how I get on!
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

The PodPoint tripped last night without scheduling being used. Once plugged in it will charge for a maximum of 10 minutes then throws the switch.
I’m guessing it’s a wiring problem to over to PodPoint 😬
ScottyQ4

Post by ScottyQ4 »

Whilst I’m waiting for the Q4 to arrive (sometime never) does anyone have an electronic copy of the owners manual. Might as well get clued up - we’ve all got a good time to wait for delivery???
SQ8Vorsprung

Post by SQ8Vorsprung »

Wicksy wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:40 pm
The PodPoint tripped last night without scheduling being used. Once plugged in it will charge for a maximum of 10 minutes then throws the switch.
I’m guessing it’s a wiring problem to over to PodPoint 😬
I had this with my ChargeMaster EV point after being without issues for 18months with both Tesla and hybrid Porsche. VW GTE was all good too....anything RangeRover blew it....since found out that the EV should be wired into consumer with its own dedicated RCD. That's a possible thing to validate...seems to vary between manufacturers how the charging works and how sensitive the power surge is....you'll find loads of stuff online
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

I work for British Gas, and we use what’s called a Matt-e box on our install’s it’s brilliant. Like a little mini consumer unit with its own RCD that acts as a load compensator, so if your cooking, hot-tub’s, electric showers etc, it drops the load to the charge point slightly so that the house isn’t affected, really cool piece of kit.
danbee

Post by danbee »

Scotty, have you been successful in down-loading a copy of the Q4 owner manual? I live in Canada, have ordered a Q4 but I can't download a copy of the manual without a VIN.