Q4 new owners

All Audi Q4 related discussions
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

Leighq4 wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:58 pm
The other thing I've found is the lane keep assist can be quite aggressive in it's keeping you in lane and this can be quite annoying...
I turn that off (press button on stalk for 3 secs) as it makes for a bit on a mini drama if you go through a stretch of road where there have been roadworks and temp white lines etc.
Not a nice feeling when you feel less than 100% in control of the car.

Tony

Post by Tony »

Had my S-Line 40 for about a month now, love it. Only issues would be my (mental) ability to judge the size of the car as our old car was pretty small but thankfully I have beepers to help me work it out, although I probably still take too long to reverse park 😆

MMI is a little annoying as it keeps making me press ok every single time I turn it on (mentioned here before).

The app needs a serious update as well as it's pretty useless.

Loving the instant acceleration, the general build quality and the styling.
B Abraham

Post by B Abraham »

Hi,
Anyone know how to improve efficiency on Audi q4 etron 40. Currently I am getting around 200 miles on a full charge but company recommended 317 miles.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Weather will have an impact, also motorway driving (it's better in towns with lots of stopping and starting so it can regenerate power from breaking). You could check the driving mode is set to economy. Also heated seats and heating will drain your battery.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

The WLTP quoted 317 mile range is a reference test and not normally indicative of real-life usage. This is not Audi or any other manufacturer's fault, it is a legal requirement and the only permissible range they can quote. However, with ambient temperatures of 20C and in a city, constant stop-go traffic you would get close to 317 miles.

In general, EV range is impacted signficantly by the following:

Ambient temperature
- In winter, cold temperatures below 20 C increase the resistance of the battery and can reduce range by upto 30%.
- In addition and unlike a conventional vehicles with an internal combustion engines where 70% of the fuel burned is wasted as heat, an EV has no waste heat source, so heating the cabin uses battery power and therefore range. If you charge your vehicle at home, you can leave it plugged in and schedule it to warm-up prior to driving - this will save some range, since the power will come from the property rather than the battery.

Higher driving speeds
- At higher speeds such as motorway driving, the efficiency of the motor, the higher air resistance and a lack of braking (that recharges the HV battery) reduces range.
- Driving even at 60 mph compared to 70 mph will have a noticable difference on range.

Charging rates
- Ambient temperature also impacts charge rates, but to a lesser degree. The battery system will heat the battery packs upon charging to optimise charge rates.
- EVs charge fastest between 20 - 80%.
- Outside of this range, the charge rate is lower to protect the battery from premature wear (essentially due to higher internal electrical resistance). attempting a rapid charge outside of this range is counter intuitive because the battery management system will not make use of the available power.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S