Paint and Interior Protection

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Deleted User 197

Post by Deleted User 197 »

Has anyone been offered and taken up Autoglym Lifeshine for their Q4 from their Audi dealer? If so could you share how much you were quoted? I was quoted £499 for exterior and leather protection and that seems very steep to me?

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

We have guardex (same thing as the autoglym) included which was £399 on the invoice but think they then gave us a discount (they get bonuses for selling it I think) which is what we paid for it on previous cars, we have a little one so worth it but agree £499 does seems on the high side.
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Since a cash discount was hard to come by I asked for the GardX and two free services to be given free of charge
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Personally I would pay the little extra and get it ceramic coated, 5 year coatings usually around £700, but my does it work, especially when cleaning, dirt just comes off in sheets, a good snowfoam and you never have to use a sponge or mitt.

I’ve had the life shine on all our cars, but I’ve decided against on our Q4 and ID3 that we are waiting on, after seeing the ceramic, and having it done to my previous car, I think the life shine is snake oil tbh.
Deleted User 197

Post by Deleted User 197 »

Thanks Tom_1985. Do you recommend any particular ceramic coating or are there many to choose from?
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Many good ones, Gyeon, Carbon Collective and Pyramid I would say are the best
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

After having my car ceramic coated by a professional detailer, I would definitely recommend getting this done, but, and it’s a big but, don’t under any circumstances get the dealer to do this unless you know for a fact it’s being done by a professional. The brands most dealers use is applied without any pre work done on the car other than a wash and hose down in the yard. Usually you end up paying whatever price the salesperson thinks you will say yes to and profit massively from the deal. My car spent three days with the detailer even though it only had a few hundred miles on the clock. The car was washed, inspected and machine polished to remove any delivery marks and swirls caused by a mixture of poor preparation and transport marks. Then it was checked over again and any area he was not happy with sorted. The car was kept in the workshop on a ramp overnight to make sure it was totally dry. In the morning the paintwork was coated and left in the room that’s kept at the correct temperature to cure. Day three, the wheels and glass were treated and again left to dry. I picked the car up the following day and it was amazing. The paintwork was perfect and the shine outstanding. Ok it wasn’t cheap, but when I hear people have paid £600 for LifeShine that’s been applied by the dealers five year old, the extra I paid is worth it.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
vcnanda

Post by vcnanda »

Hi Do you mind sharing the prfessional detailer's contact. I'm thinking of doing my Sline Navarra Blue Thanks
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Please see the link below. Darren has looked after my cars for some years, and I would highly recommend him.

Check out his Facebook page as you will see my car.

https://atlanticvaleting.co.uk/
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
vcnanda

Post by vcnanda »

Thank you so much Looks like very experienced. I'll contact Darren and book my car Thanks.