Duration from order to uk delivery - poll

All Audi Q4 related discussions

How many months did your Q4 take from order to final delivery?

No votes
2%
2%
4%
8%
6%
More than 6
8%
Still waiting 0-3 months so far
15%
Still waiting 4-5 months so far
19%
Still waiting over 6 months
38%

Total votes: 53

Adahol69

Post by Adahol69 »

So as the car industry is facing challenges including chip shortages - I think it would be helpful to share our own experiences of how long you had to wait or still waiting for your Q4

Currently i am 3.5 months so far and still waiting, ordered first week in June, build week 35 (23 Aug 21) no further updates since ?

Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

Ordered early June, build week of 12th July. Sat still waiting to be finished in the factory.

Delivery date to dealer was originally early September, now estimated late October, but I don’t think they have any clue when its actually going to be made
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Ordered 19/8, build date, week 42. Holding on……
ICDP_EV

Post by ICDP_EV »

I was told at the start of Sept 2021 that if I were to order a Q4 50 Sportback in Vorsprung trim it could be March 2022 for delivery. I am leasing through work and my current E-Tron 50 lease ends in July 2022. So I placed an order, or at least started the paperwork on 03 Sept knowing it could be 1-2 months of red tape before an order was placed with Audi. It seems that each extra month you wait can add 2 to the delivery times.

I have been told that even if it isn't here by July 2022 I can keep using my existing lease car.
SQ8Vorsprung

Post by SQ8Vorsprung »

7th July 2021 I ordered a Q4 Quattro 50 Sportback Vorsprung with heat pump and towbar add-ons. All they can tell me is the order is confirmed
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

You won’t be having it before next august with the towbar mate, I was told point blank by Audi minimum of July 22, so I cancelled mine and having an aftermarket detachable done for half the price
ICDP_EV

Post by ICDP_EV »

I had toyed with the idea of cancelling my Q4 50 Sportback order as a lot of the tech was being removed prior to the order being placed. Having checked around it seems all other manfucaturers are in the same boat. Mercedes, BMW and others are all quoting very long leads times and issues with tech being removed for specs. My current lease ends next year and I will not pay 25% over the odds for a used car. And cancelling simply puts me at the back of some other list for a different car I already decided was not as good for me as the Q4.

So I did a bit of soul searching and looked at the tech that was now removed and asked do I really use it? Or need it? The answer was no, I don't

Advanced bluetooth
I use it very rarely , in fact I can't remember the last time having my work and personal phone connected simultaneously was absolutely essential.

Wireless charging
Never had a problem with having a cable to plug in, so hardly a dealbreaker

360 cameras.
Well this one is annoying but ultimately it seems it was never part of Audi's spec sheet. So when I read it was part of the Vorsprung tech in the UK it was the useless press being wrong.

Auto parking
I tried this once on the last car that had it and never used it again.

Obvioulsy each to their own and cancelling would seem to be rational way to go considering tech is being removed, but my proposed lease price stayed the same. Though ultimately I will need a car when my lease ends and the used prices for any decent family SUV EV are shocking.
Garth

Post by Garth »

Tom_1985 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:50 pm
You won’t be having it before next august with the towbar mate, I was told point blank by Audi minimum of July 22, so I cancelled mine and having an aftermarket detachable done for half the price
Where are you going for an after market tow bar? What’s the costs look like? Cheers
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

I’ve been quoted around the 500 mark by a local firm in South Wales, they have to wait until I have the car to double check mounting on the MEB platform etc, but he said it shouldn’t be an issue, as soon as I have it, I’ll post the details for everyone, but likely to be early next year at some point
petermo

Post by petermo »

I was talking to a salesperson in an Audi dealer yesterday. They are part of a large multi-franchise and usually have 6000 delivery mileage cars in stock across the UK, but are now down to less than 100! They are also trying to avoid quoting delivery times because they are so long. Am I glad I got my Q4 earlier this month!