Cable storage under 'bonnet"

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

Hi All,
I have ordered my Q4 40 C&S and I was wondering if there was enough space under the bonnet for cable storage. I know there isn't an allotted space but I thought, maybe in a waterproof bag in front of the black foam insert at the front of the space, if there was enough room for cable storage ? I was thinking of velcroing the bag around the strut just in the front of the black foam insert.....
Thoughts please...
Thanks

ICDP_EV

Post by ICDP_EV »

There is no reason why it can't be done but honestly I tend to use the boot for cable storage even though my E-Tron 50 has a froot compartment. Audi have elected to keep the bonnet release as it is on ICE cars. So taking out and storing the charging cable is a bit of a pain... I mean first world problem. Though I will let you decide which one is best when you have to charge in the pouring rain. :D

To get the cable or put away the cable in a Q4 bonnet you will need to:
Open the drivers door
Pull the bonnet lever
Go to the bonnet to feel for the latch
Pull the latch
Open the bonnet
Put the support strut in place or risk a crushed skull :)
Open the bag to take out/put away the cable.
Disconnect the support strut
Put the support strut away
Close the bonnet

Or alternatively:
Press the electric operated boot release on the keyfob (or the drivers door)
Go to the boot
Lift the floor
Take out/put away the cable
Press the button to close the boot

What I would suggest is putting the cable in a side storage part of the boot (between the wheel well and the tail light housing). That way if you are going on a road trip with luggage in the back, you can get the cable without having to remove the luggage.
Soundtekk

Post by Soundtekk »

ICDP_EV,

Thank you.