Virtual Cockpit standard versus Tech Pack Cockpit +

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Austin_Yeahbaby

Post by Austin_Yeahbaby »

I'm just ordering a Edition one 40 but bot the Virtual Cockpit and the Virtual Cockpit plus (in the technology pack) show exactly the same picture and description.

Audi Virtual Cockpit plus.jpg

Can anyone share the actual difference?

The Tech pack already has the phone box removed, just wondering if this is another options of paying for what is already standard.

Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

I think the only difference is the plus gets an e tron theme for the dials.

It took me a long time to work out what the difference was as well.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

What is the cost for this strange option?

One thing I thought came with the Edition 1, was the folding/flat boot liner (which helps with loading and for cable storage) but it appears this is part of the interior storage pack option (with seat back nets etc.).

I will try to order the parts and retrofit this myself, once I finally receive my car.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

howbigmassive wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:52 pm
What is the cost for this strange option?

One thing I thought came with the Edition 1, was the folding/flat boot liner (which helps with loading and for cable storage) but it appears this is part of the interior storage pack option (with seat back nets etc.).

I will try to order the parts and retrofit this myself, once I finally receive my car.
It’s bundled in the tech pack. Probably just to flesh it out to make it seem Like you’re getting more than you are for the money

I thought the edition 1 came with the false boot floor too. Although I’ve seen shots of it without it and there’s still a space for the cables under the normal boot without it I think
Austin_Yeahbaby

Slightly away from the screen but does anyone have differences between the two boot options with and without the storage option.

I only placed my order tonight so I can easy add on the storage pack, the website is crap as only shows the rear seat nets on the "function package" :

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/models ... YWPYW.html

Is it this....

audi_q4_e-tron_47.jpg

Last edited by Austin_Yeahbaby on Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

So I originally thought the 'false floor' as shown in your image was included with the Edition 1, but I'm not sure now - as the description of the function pack suggests it could be an option...
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
AudiDoc

Post by AudiDoc »

Austin_Yeahbaby wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:31 pm
Slightly away from the screen but does anyone have differences between the two boot options with and without the storage option.

I only placed my order tonight so I can easy add on the storage pack, the website is crap as only shows the rear seat nets on the "function package" :

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/models ... YWPYW.html

Is it this....

audi_q4_e-tron_47.jpg
What you see in your photo is what is called the "variable loading floor" and in the UK it will only come with the car if you have specified the Function package optional extra regardless of which trim you picked (yes even the top trim Vorsprung doesn't come with this as standard). I've taken a screenshot of the pack I'm referring to from the UK configurator below:

Screenshot 2021-10-21 at 08.21.55.png

So I would strongly recommend you get this pack as you get a few other useful things too (which again really should come as standard) like proper cup holders with clamps and a 12v socket in the boot. It does amaze me that Audi still charges extra for these basic elements.
Q4 2021?

Post by Q4 2021? »

howbigmassive wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 pm
So I originally thought the 'false floor' as shown in your image was included with the Edition 1, but I'm not sure now - as the description of the function pack suggests it could be an option...
I made the same assumption for my Vorsprung, but it is indeed an additional option in the function pack, but fear not there is still storage under the floor of the boot for cables
Austin_Yeahbaby

Does anyone have a picture of the floor without the optional function pack?
Tim6181

Post by Tim6181 »

If you go onto the Audi approved used site and search for the Q4, there's loads on there without it that show shots of the boot without the pack. It's any where the floor isn't totally flat up to the back of the seats, you see about 4 to 5 inches of the seat base.

It does look though like there isn't space under it for the cables as they are usually shown in a bag or loose on the floor of the boot. But I'm sure I read on here from someone with the actual car that there is space under the normal non-function pack floor