MMI failure

All Audi Q4 related discussions
EmJef

Post by EmJef »

I was driving in an unfamiliar town this morning relying on the Audi SatNav for directions. I was doing nothing apart from steer and control speed when the main screen suddenly went completely black, no map, no writing, no icons. The remaining electronic functions appeared to work, the car did not loose power. I pulled in and did nothing - I did not know what to do. Over about a minute the word 'initializing' appeared on the screen and MMI slowly woke up again and went back to SatNav, though it had lost information about my intended destination and I had to enter it again. There was no further problem.
Has anyone else had a similar experience? Does anyone know the cause? Is it likely to happen again? How can I avoid it happening again?

Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

Happened to me last week - I wasn’t using Sat Nav or anything else and the MMi screen went blank then reappeared with the “initialising” message. I tried rebooting the system and still the same result. I left it overnight and the next morning all is was back and working fine. No problems since
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

I've had it a couple of times with the MMI on my current Golf, so I don't think it's unique to Audi but it's certainly less than ideal when you're driving a long :D
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

Could it be that it had updated the 'MAP' and was rebooting ? or perhaps some other OTA update ?