Service Plan?

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Yes, today I got an email from the service advisor at my local dealer who have said the e-tron needs servicing every two years or 18,000 miles. So as I plan to keep the car for sometime, I have decided to go for level 3. Also I checked around a few dealers near me and one 100 miles away, and the cost for the 2 year service, at present, is £350. So the 25% off makes good sense even if you plan to keep the car for just two years. And it’s payable in one or over 24 months interest free.

Like you, when I phoned, Audi Finance didn’t have an answer, and told me to call my dealer! I said yet again that Audi Finance manage the plans so surely you must know! No answer to that question either.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586

Austin_Yeahbaby

Post by Austin_Yeahbaby »

No idea why the following video from Audi show Q4 service cost at £48.

Feel free to comment on the video!

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

He’s saying £48 for parts and these no oily bits to check, that still begs the question why, when the service cost quoted from two dealers is around £250 (excluding brake fluid and pollen filter), is there almost a £200 labour cost!

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

I’ve spent more time chasing down the service regime for the Q4, and I’m now convinced I have the answer.

Firstly, the service advisor at my local dealer, who has never failed me over the 11 years I’ve known him, has confirmed that the service regime for the Q4 is 18600 miles or 2 years, whichever the sooner. And second, the words below on the Audi site that some electric cars are on a fixed inspection regime of 2 years, check with your Audi Centre, and I’ve done this.

Fixed regime overview
- Oil Service (petrol/diesel cars) every 9,300 miles (15,000km)/1 year, whichever occurs first
- Inspection Service every 18,600miles (30,000km)/2 years, whichever occurs first (some Battery Electric Vehicles have a fixed inspection regime of 2 years but with no mileage criteria. Check with your Audi Centre for details).

Some customers prefer the fixed regime (where available) as visiting an Audi Centre annually can provide extra peace of mind, the oil and inspection services can be completed in the same visit in the second year and they can budget with more certainty.

The link is below, so go to the section headed ‘When should I service my Audi?’

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/owners/servicing.html

So I’m happy signing up to the Service Plan, Level 3 as based on estimated cost from Audi of £250 for the inspection service, £75 for brake fluid and £50 for pollen filter every two years, and MOT’s at year 3 and 4, having a service plan will save me money.

Hope this helps.

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

So after a few weeks of asking, Audi Finance have today confirmed the service schedules for e-tron vehicles. It’s every two years as we all thought, and not yearly as we’ve been told by a few salespeople.

Thank you for contacting Audi Financial Services.

We have spoken with our Maintenance team and they have advised that in this case the fixed service element (i.e. 9,300 miles (15,000km)/1 year) only refers to those vehicles that require oil changes.

As the vehicle is an E-Tron powered solely by an electric motor it will only require an inspection every 2 years.

I hope this helps.

Austin_Yeahbaby

Post by Austin_Yeahbaby »

"So I’m happy signing up to the Service Plan, Level 3 as based on estimated cost from Audi of £250 for the inspection service, £75 for brake fluid and £50 for pollen filter every two years, and MOT’s at year 3 and 4, having a service plan will save me money. "

I still don’t see that the service costs via Audi are nothing but a rip off, ICE services have always been high prices but service prices have been driven down overall by 3rd parties but electric service plans are just a monopoly.

The price for brake fluid at national auto centres across the uk is between £35 to £40 so the price quoted is double that and that’s just for parts

The price of a replacement etron pollen air filter is circa £20 so Audi charge £50

So they basically double the parts cost and then add £250 for a visual inspection and labour to install the two consumables.

The MOT in year 4 helps a bit but MOTs are only £40 tops

CFA52EC3-2BB2-4782-BCD6-420AB41884CF.jpeg

It could be worse though…….

Porsche Taycan service costs below !

2 services over 4 years for £2,304

2 services over 4 years with MOT for £2,484

3 services over 6 years fora bargain of £4,500!

[

0B45DA4F-FFF0-431C-A798-65DBFED1C9DC.jpeg

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

This was my point while having conversations with Audi and a few local dealers. Why don’t you publish the service costs for electric cars, and the answer was it’s in the pipeline! And pleased I didn’t buy a Taycan (not that I can afford one), as that’s ridiculous! It’s 3 times the cost of level 3 plan for my Q4! Maybe the serve posh coffee and cakes while they drain your bank account.