Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

Ed1Dave wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 pm
Ed1Dave wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:42 pm
How long does it normally take for someone to get in touch about fitting your charging point once you have ordered your car?
If it's like our dealer they were useless, had to wait for it to be fully built before they would place the order. They kept saying it needed the VIN, this isn't true you only need the order number so would push them hard! Especially as there is quite a lead time on install (to be fair this is the same for diffent providers)

In my case once we had done the forms for the grant Podpoint were meant to be in touch within 5 working days, it took them nearly a 4 weeks (and loads of chasing including emailing their CEO) and then it was a further 4 weeks for the install date. This was then moved by the installation company to the week after (without telling me!) Not ideal as the 3 pin is not the best option.
So it’s not quite as straight forward as it was made out to me then. Our salesman told us your charger was fitted for free by Audi but I’m guessing you have to go down the grant route with paperwork etc?

This is our first EV so it’s all new to me.
The grant thing is just a quick form that you fill out and submit. I think it gets immediate approval, so should not delay anything. The harder one is the second form describing where the charger will go and attaching the many photos needed.

HEW805S

Post by HEW805S »

Pwhaudi wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:06 pm
Ed1Dave wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:14 pm
Edam77 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 pm

If it's like our dealer they were useless, had to wait for it to be fully built before they would place the order. They kept saying it needed the VIN, this isn't true you only need the order number so would push them hard! Especially as there is quite a lead time on install (to be fair this is the same for diffent providers)

In my case once we had done the forms for the grant Podpoint were meant to be in touch within 5 working days, it took them nearly a 4 weeks (and loads of chasing including emailing their CEO) and then it was a further 4 weeks for the install date. This was then moved by the installation company to the week after (without telling me!) Not ideal as the 3 pin is not the best option.
So it’s not quite as straight forward as it was made out to me then. Our salesman told us your charger was fitted for free by Audi but I’m guessing you have to go down the grant route with paperwork etc?

This is our first EV so it’s all new to me.
The grant thing is just a quick form that you fill out and submit. I think it gets immediate approval, so should not delay anything. The harder one is the second form describing where the charger will go and attaching the many photos needed.
Ah ok thank you.

I’ve just had the email this afternoon to get the ball rolling for the podpoint. Im not sure which one is best, the universal or the tethered
Mythos Black 40 S Line | Comfort & Sound | Tech Pack | Twin Leather | Ambient Lighting + | Optional 20’s
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Pretty much all EVs in Europe use the Type 2 connector and that is the standard now going forward.

So the tethered PodPoint will be more convenient and allow you to leave your Q4 cable in the boot.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

For me I had the dilemma of where to have it. If I’d had on the front of the house I’d have had the ‘solo’ as it looks neater. In the end it’s been installed inside the garage near the door and went for tethered. The cable is narrow enough to go under the garage door for overnight charging.
HEW805S

Post by HEW805S »

garysevern wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:13 pm
For me I had the dilemma of where to have it. If I’d had on the front of the house I’d have had the ‘solo’ as it looks neater. In the end it’s been installed inside the garage near the door and went for tethered. The cable is narrow enough to go under the garage door for overnight charging.
That’s not a bad shout, if it’s in garage it’s out of sight. I may try for that then if I can get the wire through the garage door
Mythos Black 40 S Line | Comfort & Sound | Tech Pack | Twin Leather | Ambient Lighting + | Optional 20’s