PodPoint Instal

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Lisag2010

Post by Lisag2010 »

Hiya everyone. We had an email the other week getting the ball rolling on the Pod point. Filled out all the paper work for them to claim the government grant and now just waiting. How long did you wait to get further information?

Thank you.

rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

They mentioned a few working days (3 or 5) when I spoke to them to chase mine on Friday.

They then resent the email about providing pictures again even though the govt grant was apparently approved

I have spoken to them 3 times now.
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Returned electronic docs 29/9 and was contacted 29/10 to arrange appointment. Installed 8/11.
Pwhaudi

Post by Pwhaudi »

I think my install was a fluke.
Got email from podpoint on the Friday. Did grant stuff straight away. Was asked for pictures on the Monday around mid-day, then got a call an hour later to arrange installation for Wednesday! So email to install was 3 working days. Got to be some kind of record. Shame car won't be with me for another 2 months.
HEW805S

Post by HEW805S »

How long does it normally take for someone to get in touch about fitting your charging point once you have ordered your car?
Mythos Black 40 S Line | Comfort & Sound | Tech Pack | Twin Leather | Ambient Lighting + | Optional 20’s
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Ed1Dave wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:42 pm
How long does it normally take for someone to get in touch about fitting your charging point once you have ordered your car?
If it's like our dealer they were useless, had to wait for it to be fully built before they would place the order. They kept saying it needed the VIN, this isn't true you only need the order number so would push them hard! Especially as there is quite a lead time on install (to be fair this is the same for diffent providers)

In my case once we had done the forms for the grant Podpoint were meant to be in touch within 5 working days, it took them nearly a 4 weeks (and loads of chasing including emailing their CEO) and then it was a further 4 weeks for the install date. This was then moved by the installation company to the week after (without telling me!) Not ideal as the 3 pin is not the best option.
HEW805S

Post by HEW805S »

Edam77 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 pm
Ed1Dave wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:42 pm
If it's like our dealer they were useless, had to wait for it to be fully built before they would place the order. They kept saying it needed the VIN, this isn't true you only need the order number so would push them hard! Especially as there is quite a lead time on install (to be fair this is the same for diffent providers)

In my case once we had done the forms for the grant Podpoint were meant to be in touch within 5 working days, it took them nearly a 4 weeks (and loads of chasing including emailing their CEO) and then it was a further 4 weeks for the install date. This was then moved by the installation company to the week after (without telling me!) Not ideal as the 3 pin is not the best option.
So it’s not quite as straight forward as it was made out to me then. Our salesman told us your charger was fitted for free by Audi but I’m guessing you have to go down the grant route with paperwork etc?

This is our first EV so it’s all new to me.
Mythos Black 40 S Line | Comfort & Sound | Tech Pack | Twin Leather | Ambient Lighting + | Optional 20’s
Q4NE

Post by Q4NE »

We got the sales man to contact pod point with an order number. An hour later we filled out the form and sent the photos. 2 days later, got an email saying they had a cancellation the next day. Podpoint installed. No idea when my car is due.

Only thing to watch is that they are really strict with the off street parking photo. We’ve got new shelving being installed to enable the car to fit in the garage. This wasn’t completed. So they wouldn’t activate the charger, which they will do over the air when I send a photo in of the cleared garage. Apparently this am OLEV grant criteria which is very strictly controlled.
Tony

Post by Tony »

Booked the install for next Thursday, getting the car this Friday so hopefully the pod comes in time.
Lisag2010

Post by Lisag2010 »

Thank you everyone for your replies.