Top tips/things I wish I knew for new owners

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Tony

Post by Tony »

- If you come to a complete stop when in drive mode the car will automatically put on the parking break, look for the (P) on the dash - you can remove your foot from the break.
- When you reverse you can gently tap the accelerator to start moving back then control the slow down with the the brake peddle, this was new to me as accelerating was a little speedy/intense!

Anyone else?

9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

I took delivery of my S-Line 40 in Aurora Violet last Monday (more dark purple and nothing like the website thankfully).
Anyway, a great car and really enjoying it so far….but…. A couple of niggles.

The ‘welcome’ screen every time gives me the option to ‘not show again’ but this never works. Anyone know why I can’t choose this?
Also, the USB ports???? What’s that about? They aren’t USB ports so I can’t charge my phone?? Totally unhelpful.
Silly things…..
Can’t change the interior lighting? Not a deal breaker but a bit boring versus other cars where you can do this.
Can’t register for the Audi app unless I go to a main dealer??? From what I’ve read I’m not sure it’s worth it?
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

9761Spencer wrote:
Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:50 pm
I took delivery of my S-Line 40 in Aurora Violet last Monday (more dark purple and nothing like the website thankfully).
Anyway, a great car and really enjoying it so far….but…. A couple of niggles.

The ‘welcome’ screen every time gives me the option to ‘not show again’ but this never works. Anyone know why I can’t choose this?
Also, the USB ports???? What’s that about? They aren’t USB ports so I can’t charge my phone?? Totally unhelpful.
Silly things…..
Can’t change the interior lighting? Not a deal breaker but a bit boring versus other cars where you can do this.
Can’t register for the Audi app unless I go to a main dealer??? From what I’ve read I’m not sure it’s worth it?
So on the welcome screen there are other posts on here, but linked to the fact the software needs updating to be able to log in properly on the car, if it ever happens it will got away. The dealer adding you as key user is to stop unauthorised people having access, yes the app is a bit limited but quite easy to get added, or was for me.

There are a few usb c ports, or are on mine so might need a new cable, and I can change colours in the settings but that might be as I have the edition 1 so could be a pack, took me a while to find out how admittedly.
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

You need the ambient lighting plus pack to change colors on the interior lighting, £100 uk option.

USB C is now the most common charge type, hence why they are there 👍🏻