Software Update

All Audi Q4 related discussions
DRH

Post by DRH »

Anyone have any idea when Audi will roll out the software update to enable the higher max rate of charge (175 KWH?), OTA updates and support for IONITY Plug and Charge? No support for OTA updates is so out of date!
Last edited by DRH on Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

If it’s anything like the rollout of MyAudi 4.6, let’s hope it’s not too soon! Since I updated the app it can’t be relied on. I charged the car today and it says my car has 91% battery and 109 miles!
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
DRH

Post by DRH »

It’s really poor testing and quality control to allow software to be released in such a state.
rxtaylor1966

Post by rxtaylor1966 »

DRH wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:41 pm
It’s really poor testing and quality control to allow software to be released in such a state.
It is being tested, by us !!!! Unfortunately it seems its acceptable to just push updates without much testing at all on customers.

I suspect (and its purely guesswork) that they are developing on emulators for Iphone/Android and possibly even the car itself. and thats as far as the testing goes.

Theres a whole world of a difference between testing that way and over the mobile network using physical devices.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

So...our Q4 (nearly had it a year) is going to the dealer for an apparent software update on Monday...not holding my breath, they have it booked in for two days as well as apparently it could take some time for the software update (on a side note had the 6th update since May for my Tesla model 3 this morning and took 15 mins sat outside my house...) Will post an update either way when we get it back (if they don't break it...)
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

Can you please make a note of:
Current software version number
New version number (if it's changed)
And hardware version on the car

Fingers crossed for you!
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

I will be interested to know the outcome as my Q4 is a year old next month. It went to the dealer last week and I was told there is no software update for my car, and no date was given when or if this will become available for my car. Audi U.K. and Audi Digital are aware of the issues with version 3608 installed in early cars and say the software update can’t be applied due to a hardware compatibility issue. And to make matters worse, there is an update for cars with version 3669 taking it to 3812, so my car is now two version behind the latest software and that’s unacceptable to say the least!

Good luck.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

Geh2021 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:16 pm
Hi,

I will be interested to know the outcome as my Q4 is a year old next month. It went to the dealer last week and I was told there is no software update for my car, and no date was given when or if this will become available for my car. Audi U.K. and Audi Digital are aware of the issues with version 3608 installed in early cars and say the software update can’t be applied due to a hardware compatibility issue. And to make matters worse, there is an update for cars with version 3669 taking it to 3812, so my car is now two version behind the latest software and that’s unacceptable to say the least!

Good luck.
Thanks, I am expecting it to be a wasted journey as we are on 3608 too but who knows maybe I will be surprised! I know with early id3 they had to change the 12v battery so maybe that's it for ours
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

If nothing comes of this, I think we should go for a ‘class action’ type claim against Audi for breach of contract. Technically the contract is with the dealership, but ultimately it’s Audi who have mis-sold the vehicles to their third party network, who then mis-sell to end users.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Definitely need to do something as this has been going on months with no end in sight.

I raised this many months ago and was assured Audi Germany is looking at this, but no progress whatsoever. And when I raised the issue a few weeks about a newer version of the software, this is what I received from Audi U.K.

We are still looking into your query/complaint with our Product Technical Team and I will reply to you as soon as we have completed our investigations.

So for me, I’ve had the Q4 almost and year and in 50 years of car ownership I have never spent so much time sorting out an issue, and I’ve lived through the days of British built cars that fell to pieces in front of your eyes!