Decisions before ordering

All Audi Q4 related discussions
KenAdams

Post by KenAdams »

I'm eligible to order my new company car via ALD, and the ordering portal lists the Q4 in various battery sizes and trim levels:

Sportback 40 - sport only
SUV 40 - sport + C&S pack
SUV 40 - sport + tech pack

Sportback 35 - sport + C&S + Tech pack
SUV 35 - S Line + C&S + Tech pack

My job role is in the process of changing and my mileage will drop, but I still need to allow for a 250 mile each way journey at least once a month.

So my question to you all is where do you place the value? Is sportback worth sacrificing spec?

Is the S line worth sacrificing range?

If you had to pick between C&S and Tech pack which one would you choose?

My gut is telling me to get the SUV 40 with C&S pack so I get the adaptive cruise and extra range, and then pay for window tinting.

Thanks for reading.

LovinQ4

Post by LovinQ4 »

Hi, I took delivery on Friday and I'm super happy.

I would definitely get the reversing camera. We didn't and reversing is a bit of a pain just relying on radar in the dark.

Also, we got the upgraded LED matrix lights and they are amazing. You can see the lights dimming relevant portions when the system sees other cars in front or coming towards you. i.e. you stay on full beam for everywhere except where the other car is. It has to be seen to be believed.

Initial thoughts are that 250 miles could get 'squeaky bum' in the winter even on a full charge.

Sceptical about value of Tech pack.
matta

Post by matta »

You won't want to go for any of the 35's as they won't be anywhere near the range you're looking for. Even my 40 (Edition 1) I wouldn't expect to get 250 miles range especially motorway driving.
Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

As a 35 owner I would not recommend this version if you do long journeys. Over the last few months 99% of my journeys have been short, and mainly local, so the range isn’t an issue for me. And I have a charge point at home, so keeping it topped up is easy.

One extra in my opinion that is essential is the camera as reversing the car isn’t easy, so definitely add this. Slightly annoying this comes only as part of the C&S package, although the Sonos sound system is amazing. You can drive along with music blaring and act like a 17 year old!

Hopefully whatever you order, the wait isn’t too long.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
TauntonAudiFan

Post by TauntonAudiFan »

Adaptive cruise control is fantastic with the Head Up Display, de-stresses long journeys. As above - you wont get 250 mile on the motorway. Try 200 to 220 mile tops, but you need to charge between the 5 and 80% levels to optimise your charging. If thats a problem buy a Tesla, they pre condition the battery for charging, charge faster and have significantly better charging network.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

The heat pump will help with range in cold conditions on longer journey’s - how much it will help is not clear - so it’s difficult to justify the £950 price.

Matrix lights are pretty special and adaptive cruise is also very useful.

Sonos sound is pretty basic - no where near as a good as B&O on my old A5, but then again it’s quite a cheap option. I’d say it’s a mid-premium sound upgrade. I’ve not heard the standard sound system, but expect it will be an improvement.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Tony

Post by Tony »

I have the SUV S-Line 40 and over winter I'm getting a solid 220-250mile range (I charged it yesterday to 80% and it's saying 231miles which sounds about right).

We went for the C&S pack for the reversing camera, which is recommended IMHO as the rear window is pretty small, plus leather seats as the S-Line comes with a mix of cloth and leather.

If you had to choose between a Sport 40 or an S-Line 35 I would probably stay with Sport 40 (SUV 40 - sport + C&S pack).

The S-Line is really just about the trim and finishings and the sacrifice in the range is not worth it for longer trips.

I think the SUV looks better than the Sportback too (although that's more of a personal opinion).
Lee

Post by Lee »

I prefer the look of the SUV to the Sportback as well, plus I prefer to have proper roof rails which i'll actually use often on holidays, cycling trips etc. Still think the Sportback looks nice and appreciate it gives a tiny bit more range efficiency if thats important to you.
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

I had similar options to you and would definitely go for the 40 over the 35 and the c+s pack over the tech pack. The tech pack seems quite limited now as I think some features have been taken out so I think it’s biggest feature is the HUD which you could live without.

The S line is nicer inside but it’s still not full leather and the alloys are bigger than the sport which could affect range.

Sport 40 SUV - c+s pack would be my choice. Try and get the function pack if possible as that includes the variable boot floor
Tony

Post by Tony »

Good point about the wheel size I had to Google that -

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/11 ... icle-range

I also read an article saying bigger rims are easier to curb too, which makes sense as you have more rim and less tyre.