Not quite what I expected....oh dear

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Rando

Post by Rando »

Had mine since Monday last week, only disappointing things for me so far, the terrible app and it's lack of functionality, wireless charging not standard, I know I could have had as an option but ridiculous when my last two cars had it.

The buttons on the steering wheel I don't really like and it's too easy to hit the speech activation, the button should have been on the inside.

Can't thing of anything else at the moment that's significant but I'm just getting the hang of things.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke

garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Wireless Charging is standard. It’s just that current deliveries are without it due to lack of semiconductor chips. Audi are saying at least June before it will be back.
9761Spencer

Post by 9761Spencer »

Speech activation comment is spot on!
Damn annoying!

Also, how do I get the welcome screen to stop coming up??? The ‘Don’t show this again button’ is useless!

Finally, when reversing sometimes the car ‘slams on’ its own breaks and drops out of ‘R’?? I still can’t work out why as I don’t appear to be about to crash into anything except the bloody headrest with my whiplash! Anyone know why?
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

9761Spencer wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:43 pm
Speech activation comment is spot on!
Damn annoying!

Also, how do I get the welcome screen to stop coming up??? The ‘Don’t show this again button’ is useless!

Finally, when reversing sometimes the car ‘slams on’ its own breaks and drops out of ‘R’?? I still can’t work out why as I don’t appear to be about to crash into anything except the bloody headrest with my whiplash! Anyone know why?
Welcome screen is the software issue, should be sorted this century...

The brakes when reversing only experienced on my very tight drive when it thinks about to hit the fence/electricity pole, it's quite sensitive but only happened to me at very slow speeds
Rando

Post by Rando »

The stupid welcome screen message, sat Nav lost my home as a favourite no idea if I'm doing anything wrong, the auto brake thing annoying when trying to back into parking spot with anything behind it.
Q4 e-tron 40 Edition 1 Mythos Black C+S/Function Pack/21" 5 Spoke
Aayushb29

Post by Aayushb29 »

Shaggie44 wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:28 pm
Am I the only one that feels underwhelmed with the Q4? I have had it 3 weeks and already thinking of getting rid of it!

1. Range - Estimated range in car is way off real world range on the long drives. E.g started off from from Nottingham with 178 miles range (car on efficiency) driving 115 miles to Luton. Avg speed 60 mph, for every 2 miles or so range was dropping by 10 miles, I had to turn off the heating (acc was off) 10 miles into journey for the car to get home with 30 miles left. Talk about anxiety levels increasing.

2. Lane Keep Assist - this is dangerous period! One of the A roads I drive on has a patch line in the middle of the lane, car thinks its the edge of the lane and starts fighting it.

3. Adaptive Cruise - you would assume it would work in conjunction with the adaptive speed limiter when you get to areas with different speed...nope.
- phantom braking
-late braking
-slow speed build up there is a jerky motion that makes your head tap the head rest

4. myAudi App - unless the much anticipated update adds more functionality, in its current form its rubbish. Having to go to a dealer to activate an app is a fuss.

5. Some of the items I ordered where taken out, no comms from Audi.

Previously I had a BMW 530e for about similar money naturally I assumed quality would be in the ball park, nope this feels 5k to 10k overpriced.
Sad to see your experience so far. Electric cars are definitely cost cutting in certain departments as the powertrain is a lot more expensive than an ICE equivalent. I test drove an ID3 and it was appalling inside. Crappy infotainment and just felt so cheap. The equivalent £30k Golf felt like a premium vehicle in comparison. Even the ID4 was average inside. As a private buyer I would definitely get an X3 for similar money, feels much more premium inside. But as a company buyer, you can’t beat the 2% BIK tax and can live with the compromises.
Gruv

Post by Gruv »

It's very disappointing how far downmarket it is from the Audi saloons, the interior is cheap and nasty in comparison and there is even painted metal inside. The standard equipment is also much worse to the extent that you don't even get clamps in the cup holders as standard rendering them useless. Driving is good until you reach your destination and have to park, reversing camera should be standard but isn't, I too suffer from the sudden stopping when reversing and you can't lean out of the window to see where you are going as the seat sensor thinks you have left the vehicle. You only get one reversing light unless you opt for the matrix headlights, which you should do because the standard headlights don't really have a main beam, just a wash of light which just illuminates the trees on country lanes, so also useless. Lane assist is definitely dangerous, mine will even try to follow a dry line on a damp road! The touch buttons on the steering wheel are also dangerous, you can easily accidently swipe them as your turning the wheel leading to all sorts of sudden changes, such as a sudden loud blast of music. The MMI has issues, i dont know why they just didn't re-use a working system from one of the saloons, and the Nav keeps losing my home address, it's easier to use Waze on the phone.