Add On Insurance Packages

All Audi Q4 related discussions
DRH

Post by DRH »

I don't have my Q4 yet (maybe sometime late in 2022 if I'm lucky!) but from those people who either have, or are about get their Q4s I'd like to know what type of Audi dealership add on insurance packages are being purchased, or not, and the thought processes around any decisions.

So as far as I remember when I ordered my Q4 (I haven't ordered any of these insurance services yet until a firm delivery is in sight) these are:

Gap Insurance (I'd normally go for this)
Wheel and Tyre Protection (unsure)
Body Protection (unsure)
Service Packs (Don't think they're worth it on an electric car)
Autoglym Body Treatment (I had it on a car once but I'm not sure that it was worth it)

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

The dealer will do their level best to sell you as many of these products as possible and my advice is very simple, don’t for the following reasons.

Gap, the dealer will charge at least £500 plus when it can be purchased for half this from companies like ALA.co.uk or MotorEasy.co.uk. And don’t listed to the dealers scare stories that these companies are not to be trusted. I went to MotorEasy.

Wheel and tyre insurance is a worth having and again available from other providers for way less than the dealer will charge. I went to MotorEasy.

SMART insurance (body protection). Worth having if you expect to pick up a lot of minor dents and dings, but I’ve never bothered as I have a local dent man who is very reasonable.

Service packs. I was lucky as Audi was offering 25% of the service pack, so it was a good deal. It’s not now, so I would just pay the billl when the car is serviced and it’s every two years! A few salespeople said it’s yearly, but that’s not true.

Autoglym is a complete waste of money as it will be applied by the service managers five year old on a day off from nursery. And the dealer will want £600 (usually reduces when you say no). Get a professional detailer who will do a proper job preparing the paintwork before applying any coating.

I know the salesperson will reduce the prices if you say no. If the dealer will match Gap, Wheel and Tyre prices from other providers you have obtained, then that’s
worth considering. They wouldn’t in my case!

Good luck
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
DRH

Post by DRH »

Thanks very much that’s very helpful. I certainly won’t be doing Autoglym a good detailer will do a much better job. No to service packs as well, I’ll pay as and when required. Body I won’t bother with and will look at other cheaper providers for Gap and wheels. 👍