Gardx

All Audi Q4 related discussions
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’m being offered Gardx protection by my Audi dealer for £298. General forums say don’t bother and others say the job can be botched by dealers. I do have a problem with Lime Trees debris and aphid ‘sap’ though ?!?

Geh2021

Post by Geh2021 »

Hi,

Simple answer. No, no, no, no, and no. It’s a waste of money, and usually applied by the service managers five year old on a day off from nursery. Sap and bird poo are harmful, and should be removed as soon as possible as any coating, however good or the claims made by the manufacturer, isn’t going to protect the paintwork if you leave these contaminates on the car. And please don’t fall for all the other extras like Gap, Wheel and Tyre insurance that they will try to sell you. All over priced and can be purchased via other reputable providers at half the cost of the dealer.

You have two options, find a professional detailer who will prepared the car properly and recommend a coating, or look after the paintwork yourself.
Audi Q4 e-tron s-line 35, Narvarra Blue, Comfort & Sound pack.

EDF referral scheme where we both get £50 added to your account if you sign up using this link.

https://referme.to/grahamh-586
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Thanks for that. My 4 year old white Q2 still looks great so I won’t bother.