Wireless Android Auto

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Austin_Yeahbaby

Post by Austin_Yeahbaby »

Can anyone confirm that the U.K. spec include wireless Android Auto, thanks

Tony

Post by Tony »

I believe so, I'm using it via my phone. Sometimes the signal is weak and I have to plug it in, but I've definitely used it unplugged.
Austin_Yeahbaby

Thanks Tony, follow up question……

Does the car support keyless entry, I can’t seem to find what level of spec includes keyless entry,

I found a YouTube video showing the boot opening via a foot gesture but not sure if that’s on all models/markets either
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

My Edition 1 has remote unlock from the key fob, but does not have keyless entry - which is a bit weak coming from a four year old A5 that did.

I don't believe keyless entry is available in the UK market and it may have been deleted due to the semi-conductor shortage issue.

The forthcoming vehicle software and app update may provide some remote unlock functionality from the app, but I doubt it will be handless/keyless.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S
Tony

Post by Tony »

The dealer said we had the boot opening via the foot gesture but it never works, so he may have been wrong. We just use the key fob.

I think I read somewhere that the remote locking and unlocking may be in an app update, but I agree with hugodoodle that I don't think you will be able to drive it without the keys.
Austin_Yeahbaby

Thanks, I just went through the U.K. configurator and keyless entry IS available BUT it’s on the Vorsprung edition only,

Madness, 55k for the Edition one and it does not come with basics! Another example of Audi reducing the spec and increasing the prices.

Annoyingly, it’s not listed in the extras when picking the spec on the first screen and not shown as a missing item on the lower specs.

F113BA79-F5B8-4179-9C3C-988BF5B91183.jpeg

Tony

Post by Tony »

To be honest I would be surprised if your car came with it even if you added it, Audi are taking off a lot of tech in order to get the cars out (I'm pretty sure people in this forum have paid for the wireless charging and didn't get it).

Either that or your car will take about 3 years to get built 😭
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

I’ve read that you should demand £150 back when you pay for your car without Audi Phonebox (wireless charging).
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

Austin_Yeahbaby wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:18 am
Yes, I have it on mine... Have to say its a bit temperamental in whether it connects or not, I usually just plug the phone in now...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
TheSarge

Post by TheSarge »

Leighq4 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:12 am
Austin_Yeahbaby wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:18 am
Yes, I have it on mine... Have to say its a bit temperamental in whether it connects or not, I usually just plug the phone in now...
Yeah I find it will go through a period of connecting every time and then a period of having to reconnect the Bluetooth.. still it's way better than carplay where only half the apps actually worked!