Heads up display - floating navigation

All Audi Q4 related discussions
robrymond

Post by robrymond »

Does anyone know how to get the floating arrows on the road to display on the heads up unit? Looked through all the menus and can't find it.

I get the speed and basic arrow information with countdown to turn but not the pulsing arrows which were on the demo model?

thebb

Post by thebb »

Not sure if you ordered it, but I think you are talking about this in the ‘Tech Pack’…
Augmented reality head-up display*
Compared to the conventional head-up display, the Augmented reality head-up display area is expanded to include a larger image and greater image separation, creating the impression that the content displayed blends with the real surroundings.
Edam77

Post by Edam77 »

If you have the tech pack then you should have it, maybe it's turned off. I saw somewhere else you can have standard HUD or augmented, it's a toggle in the menu, there is a shortcut to the HUD settings if you swipe down from the top of the main screen think it's the rectangular icon from memory
thebb

Post by thebb »

Attached image from the manual - hope it helps

PNG image.png

robrymond

Post by robrymond »

Thanks, will try the swipe down in the menu. I'm sure I've looked and have the tech pack. Can they blame that on the chip shortage too?!
garysevern

Post by garysevern »

Check in your My Audi app and it will say if you have ‘Augmented’ HUD.
robrymond

Post by robrymond »

I have the option for augmented reality on heads up display but it isn't displaying the navigation as is intended. We haven't activated the my Audi app yet as need to go to a dealer and handily they only work Mon-Fri to be able to sort it!
robrymond

Post by robrymond »

Ok I managed to get it working on the guest account which is progress.