E-tron Charging Service

All Audi Q4 related discussions
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

I've just been checking my E-tron Charging Service invoices for December and January and I don't think it's not very clear.

I am on the Transit Tariff and have managed to get the £150 credit, but my invoice shows a Tariff Charge. I spoke to ECS about this and although the charge is listed on the invoice, it is paid by Audi for the first year. Why they don't just 0 the charge for the first 12 months is beyond me... :roll:

The other interesting item it that the £150 credit isn't actually £150, it's £125 + VAT! So, the remaining voucher balance is £125 - whatever you've used without VAT.

Hope that clears up some confusion (I was a bit confused when I first looked at the invoices ).
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs

Tony

Post by Tony »

Speaking of the charging network we're planning on a trip down south next month and have been looking into chargers.

Is the IONITY CCS 320kw charger that fast?! Seems to charge from 20-80% in 20 minutes at a max charge rate of 150kw, unless I did my math/googling wrong?

We're trying to weigh up a crap pub lunch with onside chargers vs a motorway fast charge and a nice pub out of the way a bit.
Leighq4

Post by Leighq4 »

The best rapid chargers I've used are the Ionity 350KW chargers at Peterborough Services (on the A1). I charged from 10% to 93% in about 44 minutes (bearing in mind the charging slows down quite dramatically after 80%)... If you can find a pub with a 50kW charger, that wold be my preference...
Q4 40 Edition 1 in Navarra Blue with Heat Pump, C+S & Tech Packs
Tony

Post by Tony »

We couldn't find any 50kw chargers on our route that were at a pub and were also part of the Audi network (we're trying to use our free credit).

Thankfully there's a fast IONITY charger about 10 minutes away from this one pub so we're thinking that's a good compromise. Our battery won't be too low (163miles) so hopefully we can have a quick boost for 10-15mins.
Wicksy

Post by Wicksy »

I really don’t see what the E Tron service gives apart from easy access to their charging network - I’m using the £150 credit at the moment mainly using Instavolt but the price that you pay at the charger seems to be the same for anyone else who manually connects?
Tony

Post by Tony »

That's a good point, it's not like Tesla where only Audi owners can use the network. I guess convenience with the app/card?
OldBH

Post by OldBH »

Tony wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Is the IONITY CCS 320kw charger that fast?! Seems to charge from 20-80% in 20 minutes at a max charge rate of 150kw, unless I did my math/googling wrong?
We used the IONITY at Leeds Skeleton services on Sunday - nice set up and certainly quite quick, but I think the 350kW must be shared between the charge points. All 6 bays were in use when we were charging and we never get more than 76kW.
Sportback21

Post by Sportback21 »

Leighq4 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:48 pm
I've just been checking my E-tron Charging Service invoices for December and January and I don't think it's not very clear.

I am on the Transit Tariff and have managed to get the £150 credit, but my invoice shows a Tariff Charge. I spoke to ECS about this and although the charge is listed on the invoice, it is paid by Audi for the first year. Why they don't just 0 the charge for the first 12 months is beyond me... :roll:

The other interesting item it that the £150 credit isn't actually £150, it's £125 + VAT! So, the remaining voucher balance is £125 - whatever you've used without VAT.

Hope that clears up some confusion (I was a bit confused when I first looked at the invoices ).
You are so right, this credit is very misleading, I queried the service charge and got the same reply. The other thing you need to be aware of is that you are charged UK VAT as well as two German Tax deductions, so in reality we are likely to get less that £100 worth of free juice.

It has also been commented on elsewhere, that should you chose to terminate the contract, there is a very specific point in time that you have to notify ECS when you pull out otherwise you are tied into the monthly service charge for 12 months. Ouch.
lexathon

Post by lexathon »

OldBH wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:51 am
Tony wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:53 pm

We used the IONITY at Leeds Skeleton services on Sunday - nice set up and certainly quite quick, but I think the 350kW must be shared between the charge points. All 6 bays were in use when we were charging and we never get more than 76kW.
It's 350kw per charger. The q4 currently is limited to 125 but that should be lifted to 135 in a future update.

Unless you've programmed the charger into the nav to precondition the battery, you'll probably get 50-70kw (or less if the battery is on the full side) unless the battery is already toasty. From near empty after driving 100+ miles I've got it to 125kw.
hugodoodle

Post by hugodoodle »

Programmed the charger into the Nav? Do you mean selecting an Audi identified charge point as a destination, will pre-condition the battery (I’m assuming if it is a high power DC point)?

This is not stated in the user manual and I’ve not heard about pre-conditioning on the Q4, but know it’s standard for other EVs.

Even without preconditioning, I’d have expected the BMS to condition the battery as it charges and make use of the heat from charging to self-condition before cycling the cooling system to maintain the optimum battery pack temperature.
Q4 50 Quattro Edition 1 C+S